ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I want to live in EU.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wanttomove
Newly Registered

I want to live in EU.

Post by wanttomove » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:27 pm

I want to live in UK or in one of the EU states.
First i want to tell about myselfe. I am Turkish citizen who lives in turkey, i am 36 years old, i am single not married, i have secondary school degree, i work as Hotel Entertainer, i speack good english and german.

Is it possible to move to the UK or to one of the EU state and live there and if yes, how?
Thanks for all answers!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:57 pm

wanttomove
Newly Registered

Post by wanttomove » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:05 pm

Thank you for ur answer, EUsmileWEallsmile! But this visa is for turkish people who wants do their own business and needs a good business plan, i dont know what business i could do there and i dont have a business pla.İ dont know what a business plan is. İs it no other way to live in EU?

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:52 pm

The easy way is to get a student visa, to study English or hotel management and this permits you to work part time also.

The problem is that this is expensive, you must show that you can pay the fees and that you have some money to support yourself if you cannot get a job easily.

Many non-EU students come to Ireland to study, then gain permanent residence using a variety of routes.
BL

wanttomove
Newly Registered

Post by wanttomove » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 am

The easy way is to get a student visa, to study English or hotel management and this permits you to work part time also.

The problem is that this is expensive, you must show that you can pay the fees and that you have some money to support yourself if you cannot get a job easily.

Many non-EU students come to Ireland to study, then gain permanent residence using a variety of routes.
What are the reqiurments to study in ireland for a foreign student, which school degree do i need to have? İ only got primarry education is that enough to study there? How much does it cost and can someone sponsor me?

wanttomove
Newly Registered

Post by wanttomove » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:41 am

Checking on the page i found this bellow, source: http://www.workpermit.com/spain/spain.htm
Does the candidate qualify for an Spanish work permit?

The candidate must be shown to have sufficient experience to fill the position.

If the application is for an assignment permit then the candidate should have at least 6-12 months experience with the service provider, to justify the claim that they have experience with the company's systems.

Preference is given to candidates with some demonstrable link with Spain and Latin American citizens

How do I apply for an Spanish work permit?

The application is generally lodged through the Direccion Provincial de Trabajo, seguridad Social y Asuntos Sociales (local labour office), however they may also be lodged at the office for foreigners, the Gereral directorate for Migration, or even the post office. When the application is for provision of service and the employer has no presence in Spain, the Spanish consulate will accept the application.

Once the work permit application is approved, the candidate will need to make a residence visa application in their usual country of residence. The candidate will probably need to present a police clearance certificate and an original birth certificate to be granted this visa, so it is worthwhile assembling these documents in advance.
Can i apply for such workpermit by myselfe and if yes how? İf that is possible that would be good for me, i am an Hotelentertainer and there are so many Hotelentertainers needed in Spain. İ dont have a sertificate but many years of workexperience i can show my work History.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Re: I want to live in EU.

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Primary education is enough to study English. You have good English so you would have no problem with the course. You could probably study hotel and catering also, and this would be a better choice as it gives more job opportunities.
The two problems are cost and attendance requirement also. You can contact the colleges directly to ask about cost - it is mostly private colleges based in Dublin and they will tell you how to sort out a visa. The student visa allows you to work 20 hours a week, or 40 hours in the summer holidays.
There is no funding available that I know of and the cost is the problem for most people.
BL

wanttomove
Newly Registered

Post by wanttomove » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Primary education is enough to study English. You have good English so you would have no problem with the course. You could probably study hotel and catering also, and this would be a better choice as it gives more job opportunities.
The two problems are cost and attendance requirement also. You can contact the colleges directly to ask about cost - it is mostly private colleges based in Dublin and they will tell you how to sort out a visa. The student visa allows you to work 20 hours a week, or 40 hours in the summer holidays.
There is no funding available that I know of and the cost is the problem for most people
To study in my country i have to finish a secondary school first which from first class to 12. class its also 12 years scholl first then i can take a test and if i pass the test i can attend a university. But now i got only primmary school degree. how does it look with irland do they let me directly attend a University? İ am 36 dont you think they will say i am to old for it. Would nt they ask me why did nt / do nt i study in my own country? Let say that all goes well how about costs i can nt finance it by my selfe becouse i am a employee and if i dont work i got no money. Can somebody sponsor me? for example my Brother in Turkey or my cousin in Germany? And is the same study also in england possible?
İ speack also German if i mayed study i would like to study English, German, something about tourism, to be a translater or guid.
Would that be possible there?
Thanks everyone for answer

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:22 am

Entry to state university in Ireland is by three options. The first is a Central Application System (closing date February each year) and they give places on the basis of exam results. If you have the exam result, then you get the place and you can apply at any age. This does not suit you, as you do not have the exams. They also give places to what are called 'mature students' which means people over 23 years of age. Those over 23 years do not need the exam results, but they must do an interview instead, and 100 may do an interview for 5 places, so there is no guarantee of a place. They also give places to non-EU students on the basis that the non-EU student will pay high fees. This is very popular with Asian students who want to study medicine, as an Irish degree in medicine is valid in all EU countries. It is also very expensive.

State universities are not the only places you can study. Most students who want a student visa go to a private college, and they often study English. It is not a degree in English, it is a study of English as a foreign language, so they do not need exam results to study this, just the ability to pay the fee. They pay fees but they can work 20 hours and most earn the cost of their accommodation/food and the cost of the fees for the next year. Most can't save, because the cost of fees for next year is high.

Yes, if your brother or cousin can give you the fees, then they can sponsor you.

A friend of mine retired at 60 (on a very good public service pension), got his degree at 64 and his masters at 66 years, so age is not a barrier to university here.
BL

wanttomove
Newly Registered

Post by wanttomove » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:08 am

Yes, if your brother or cousin can give you the fees, then they can sponsor you.
do they need to give the money to me before applying for such a visa? Or would it be possible if they sign a sponsorship? Howdoes a sponsorship work?

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm

They need to give you the money for the fees AND money to show that there is enough in your bank account to support you if you are unable to get a job. You don't need to spend the money in the bank,but you must show that you have it.

This route is more difficult in recent years, simply because there are half a million people looking for work in Ireland at present. So it is more difficult to get a job and the wages are lower, because people will take minimum wage (8.65 per hour) so the employers won't pay more than this unless you have a qualification and there is a shortage of people with your qualification.

The student visa still works well, but it works better if you have a support system in place already in Ireland, for example a cousin who can help you get a job and give free accommodation for a few weeks. If you have a cousin in Germany that may be the best place for you, there is a large Turkish population in Germany so you may find it easier there, we have very few Turkish in Ireland.
BL