ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urdu/English/NADRA Marriage Certs from Pakistan - Notarised?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adam caan
Newly Registered

Urdu/English/NADRA Marriage Certs from Pakistan - Notarised?

Post by adam caan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:24 am

Hi

Me - Brit Cit. Wife-Pakistani Citizen. I am in the process of applying for her to accompany me to Ireland where I intend to exercise my EU Treaty rights by living and working in the State as per EU Directive 2004/38/C.

The INIS website is clear in asking for the following -

"Marriage certificate/ civil partnership certificate – evidence (apostilled document) that marriage / civil partnership has been registered in applicant’s country of origin/residence"

I understand the above to mean that the three marriage certificates (ie Urdu original version, English translation and NADRA english/urdu) must be NOTARISED by a Notary Public.

However, I am also hearing from people that a stamp from the Foreign Office in Pakistan is also advisable. Even though this is not a requirement of INIS, can someone please list the advantages of having such a stamp. I do not want my Wife to spend unnecessary time and money on getting stamps that are not beneficial in the long term.

Under international law, if the notarised certificates are good enough to pass the Dublin Immigration section, then what is the point in getting stamps from the Foreign Office in Pakistan?

Regards

Adam Caan

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:47 am

There is no such advantage to be attested by Foreign Office except that this is the supreme attestation authority in a country. If you/your wife lives near Islamabad, there is no harm to attest your docs and the attestation process will be done with in two to three hours.

Each document attestation fees is 10 Rupees,

P.S: you have to submit the following forms of marriage certs.

Original Nikkah Nama ( which is in Urdu) + attested.

English Translated copy of the Urdu Nikkah nama + attested.

NADRA marriage certificate + attested.

Good Luck

adam caan
Newly Registered

Post by adam caan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi CalvinKlien

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have done exactly as you described below - all three have been stamped by a Notary public with his signature, date stamp and another stamp in triangle with the words "notarized to take effect to all countries out of Pakistan under International Law". I am sure as you are that this is all that is required.

Original Nikkah Nama ( which is in Urdu) + attested.

English Translated copy of the Urdu Nikkah nama + attested.

NADRA marriage certificate + attested.

Just to be clear, the original nikah nama and nadra certificates also have the local union council registrar stamp/signature. However, there is no such stamp/signature on the english translation - only notary public. The reason for not getting a union stamp on the english translation was that it is in urdu and the whole point was to get everything on the english translation showing in ENGLISH only if you know what i mean. Is it ok to just have a notary public stamp only on the english translation. Please note that the english translation shows writing to the effect that a stamp and signature of the union council stamp/signature is showing on the original urdu version.

I had heard from other people that it was wise to get a foreign office stamp. However, as you have mentioned and INIS also confirm, no such stamp is needed.

Looking at your location, it shows Dublin. I presume you are Pakistani who has gone through the process already. If so, no doubt you also did not get the stamp from the foreign office.

For the visa, the foreign office stamp is not required. But what about using it in Ireland and UK? If just the Notary Public stamp is sufficient for a countries immigration dept, surely it should be acceptable in all other areas? Is there any real benefit of getting it done? Would an organisation in UK/Ireland insist on a foreign office stamp or just be ok with the existing Notary Public stamp?

I do not want to waste time/money, but for the sake of a few rupees I also do not want to regret not getting it done if it will be asked for outside pakistan after issuing of wifes visa.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards

Adam Caan

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:48 pm

hi... just for your satisfaction, there is no need for those documents to be attested from foreign affair office. what you have done is enough. i am telling you on my own experience. also send pics of your marriage cos irish consulate will ask for it although it is not mentioned on their website.hope it will help you and wish you good luck

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:54 pm

hi, to answer your second question we showed only nadra registration marriage cert on dublin airport and officer even didn't ask a single question and same cert to get pps and gnib card so dnt worry about it

adam caan
Newly Registered

Post by adam caan » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:42 am

Thank you so much Paddy12. Very helpful.