ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanmshah
Newly Registered

Working Tax Credit

Post by sanmshah » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Hi Sorry Friends to disturb you but after I check the topic here and not find answer of my Inquiry, Therefore, I try to ask you.

My Question is regarding on the Working Tax Credit.

Here my case, I myself British Citizen and have 14 year daughter, she also British Citizen.

I divorced to my ex-wife in 2009 and in 2010 I second marriage with partner from India, I was getting Carer Allowance for my late disabled mother and also get other Benefits like Child Tax Credit, Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit and Child Benefit. So first they refuse my partner’s entry visa and my partner get visa in Appeal in November 2011, since that time we living together. In starting my Partner couldn’t get a job but after Jan/Feb 2012 partner get few hours job but after April 2012 my partner get full time job plus I also get part time job.

Now matter is as you know that the Tax Credit people has counted amount for previous year income, and 2010/2011 I was on benefit so they continuously give Working Tax Credit and Child tax Credit for period of 2011/2012 as they usually give me before my partner join with me, amount also the same before my partner join, but only partner name include with me nothing any changes. Then 2012/2013 year period they again count the amount for period 2011/2012 which was also nearly very less so again both tax credit amounts same on joint name.

Since 2012 me and my partner both work and therefore after April 2013 working tax credit is come nearly end and child tax credit also decrease.

Now the main conclusion is my partner applying for 'ILR' in this month and the Child Tax Credit still paid and I know that we have may not get any problem to show the Child Tax Credit but my main concern is the letter from HMRC for Tax Credit, the letter shows some amount of Working Tax Credit which they already paid to us.

Q: 1 what can we do?
Q: 2 is that any problem for applying ILR?
Q: 3 in past 2 year we changed 4 addresses, is that any problem for applying ILR?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:12 pm

No problem claiming WTC/CTC (joint names), Child Benefit (your name). Provide proof of cohabitation over the last 2 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sanmshah
Newly Registered

Post by sanmshah » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Thank You So Much, for Reply Me :)

This forum is so useful , I found answer of nearly every topic related to Immigration.

Once Again Thank You Friend :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amber_ wrote:No problem claiming WTC/CTC (joint names), Child Benefit (your name). Provide proof of cohabitation over the last 2 years.

sanmshah
Newly Registered

Success in ILR

Post by sanmshah » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:57 am

Hello Friends,

From my deepest heart I would like to say Thank You for your helpful guideline, especially thanks to Amber_ and rest of team too.

We Very happily announce that my partner get ILR on 23rd December as we visit personally on Liverpool Office and submitted all documents after take note of advice of Amber_ and follow other guidelines from this forum. In just 57 minutes we received a good news that my partner application is accepted for ILR.

We would like to say to other people that this forum and it's Moderator team very very helpful, their informative helps give a lot of strengths and therefore success rate is very very high.

Once Again Thank You Friends for you good advice

And in Last, Season of Festival, Here we would like to say "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year" to all Team of forum and also all Members too.

Sanjay

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:43 am

Congratulations. Happy Christmas to you too.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.