ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long can i stay outside uk before activating the visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

famous

how long can i stay outside uk before activating the visa

Post by famous » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:56 pm

hi,
can anyone pls tell me for how long can i stay outside uk before i make the first entry and activate my tier 1 visa? i can become director staying outside the uk.

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Re: how long can i stay outside uk before activating the vis

Post by tanvir1985th » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:54 pm

famous wrote:hi,
can anyone pls tell me for how long can i stay outside uk before i make the first entry and activate my tier 1 visa? i can become director staying outside the uk.
there is no such thing to activate yr visa. its activated the moment u get it. but u should enter into country in a reasonable time. say in yr case probably in 4 months. for being a director without being present in uk pls follow the link
http://www.company-wizard.co.uk/help/co ... s_faq.aspx

MTZ510
Member of Standing

Re: how long can i stay outside uk before activating the vis

Post by MTZ510 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:06 pm

I was also looking for answer to this question but couldn't find one. logically speaking the visa is for 3 years and 4 months so one should enter UK within 4 months in order to apply for extension after end of 3 years.

You can incorporate a limited company from abroad and also appoint yourself as a director but why would you want to do that? The requirement of extension is to register your business and become a director within 6 months of entering UK.
famous wrote:hi,