ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN - English Language Requirement (Using UK Naric)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ariesfire
Newly Registered

Form AN - English Language Requirement (Using UK Naric)

Post by ariesfire » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi,
From the 28th of Oct 2013 - there are new requirements for Naturalisation, which states that along with the Life in UK certificate, you also need to showcase a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.

In order to satisfy the English at B1 CEFR requirement, I have applied for a 'English Language Assessment' certificate with UK Naric (who certify that the English language for degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1).

Now that I have applied for this, I am confused as to which option I need to select within Form AN (Section 1.22) to satisfy this requirement using the certificate from UK Naric.

I have documented the options as given in Form AN. Can someone please let me know which option I need to select:

1. I have speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification OR
2. I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK Naric to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK AND
a. UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification or taught or researched in English OR
b. the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country.

Thanks for your help in advance.

hsmpjr
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpjr » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:29 pm

i think it is option2

ariesfire
Newly Registered

Post by ariesfire » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply and Yes, the only logical option seems to be Option 2 along with one of the sub options but the catch is - 'English Language Assessment' from UK Naric only certify to say 'that the English language for degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1' and does not say that the degree course meets the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK AND
a. UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification or taught or researched in English.

So in this case then, we cannot select Option 2 along with 2a. So then what can be actually select in the form for using the English Language Certificate?

ken218

Post by ken218 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:46 pm

ariesfire wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the reply and Yes, the only logical option seems to be Option 2 along with one of the sub options but the catch is - 'English Language Assessment' from UK Naric only certify to say 'that the English language for degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1' and does not say that the degree course meets the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK AND
a. UK Naric has confirmed that the qualification or taught or researched in English.

So in this case then, we cannot select Option 2 along with 2a. So then what can be actually select in the form for using the English Language Certificate?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ification/

I would assume the NARIC document implies 2, and 2a/2b just specifies the way it was confirmed.

jamal2641
Newly Registered

Re: Form AN - English Language Requirement (Using UK Naric)

Post by jamal2641 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:28 am

100% option 2 ...