ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahionline

Interview

Post by shahionline » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi
I got an Interview Letter today, I applied on 3rd Dec 2013, through PSW route, 50,000 in Personal UK Bank Account.
Following is the exact statements in the letter, can any one please guide me what documents I should send them before Interview, and what is Immigration act paragraph 245DD(h) for?

"We are currently considering your application. In light of recent changes to the Immigration Rules make on 31st Jan 2103, we are asking you to attend interview to help us assess your application for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) against paragraph 245DD(h) of the Immigration Rules.

If you wish to provide any additional documents that you consider may be relevant to the application, please post them prior to the Interview"

Please reply with your valuable comments, Thank you

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Could that letter from UKBA be any simpler?

shahionline

Post by shahionline » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:19 pm

bruteforce wrote:Could that letter from UKBA be any simpler?
Yes this was a letter from UKBA, but I picked two important paragraph from letter to mention here.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:48 pm

shahionline wrote:
Yes this was a letter from UKBA, but I picked two important paragraph from letter to mention here.
Yes!! What kind of "valuable comments" you require? I mean all they want from you is to attend an interview & IF you have any other documents in relation to your application, then bring those along too. You can search the forum for others' interview experiences.

shahionline

Post by shahionline » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:08 pm

bruteforce wrote:
shahionline wrote:
Yes!! What kind of "valuable comments" you require? I mean all they want from you is to attend an interview & IF you have any other documents in relation to your application, then bring those along too. You can search the forum for others' interview experiences.

Thank you, but I was just wondering that shall I take a new letter from bank and submit before Interview

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Anything & everything that you think may help defend your case will be useful.

shahionline

Post by shahionline » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:58 pm

bruteforce wrote:Anything & everything that you think may help defend your case will be useful.
Thank you @bruteforce

Aabdulwaheed

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:49 am

Where your interview will be. if it is in Sheffield then keep in mind you will not get decision in next 6 months or more. i Applied in early July and interview on 8th October 2013. Still waiting decision from them. anyway if you are in Sheffield prepare yourself about 1 hours to 2 hours interview. she will only ask you question on the stuff and information you provided in your application.

Assay
Newly Registered

Interview

Post by Assay » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:51 pm

I had my interview on the 4th of September. I did not send any additional documents. I got my visa on the 14th of September. It was approved on the 13th of September.

shahionline

Post by shahionline » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Aabdulwaheed wrote:Where your interview will be. if it is in Sheffield then keep in mind you will not get decision in next 6 months or more. i Applied in early July and interview on 8th October 2013. Still waiting decision from them. anyway if you are in Sheffield prepare yourself about 1 hours to 2 hours interview. she will only ask you question on the stuff and information you provided in your application.
@Aabdulwaheed, your decision must take long time but I think it is not necessary that every body get same time for decision of ECO, depend on case. correct me if i am wrong.

shahionline

Re: Interview

Post by shahionline » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Assay wrote:I had my interview on the 4th of September. I did not send any additional documents. I got my visa on the 14th of September. It was approved on the 13th of September.

What immigration act ECO mention in your interview letter, they mention 245DD(h) in my interview letter.

Assay
Newly Registered

Interview

Post by Assay » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:50 pm

It was the same section.

shahionline

Post by shahionline » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Assay wrote:It was the same section.

Thank you @Assay

Lola22

Post by Lola22 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Wish you good luck with interview. Why are you thinking of sending a new letter? Do you feel the one you submitted is not in the correct format.

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:27 pm

Aabdulwaheed wrote:Where your interview will be. if it is in Sheffield then keep in mind you will not get decision in next 6 months or more. i Applied in early July and interview on 8th October 2013. Still waiting decision from them. anyway if you are in Sheffield prepare yourself about 1 hours to 2 hours interview. she will only ask you question on the stuff and information you provided in your application.
You are wrong mate here. I was interviewed in Sheffield and got my decision in 5 weeks. Also my interview was for 45 minutes.
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

Aabdulwaheed

Post by Aabdulwaheed » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:01 pm

whoever saying that they got visa within 2,3,4, 5 weeks they may be lucky. I did mine on 8th of October still waiting decision. I know so many in this forum who was waiting even longer interviewed in August and September. I wrote letter to UKBA nut getting no reply.

I had 50 k in my UK persinal account,Business insurance, Business Plan, 5 business contract, marketing material, gum-tree ads, yellow pages ads, google ads, facebook, twitter account, Business website, Accountant letter, etc etc all submitted with my application. Application made on 8th July. No response nothing.

shahionline

Post by shahionline » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Lola22 wrote:Wish you good luck with interview. Why are you thinking of sending a new letter? Do you feel the one you submitted is not in the correct format.
Thank you Lola22. The format was fine because I showed 50,000 in personal UK Bank Account. but I thought UKBA might want to see that the fund still in the account or not, so to clear their doubt, I want to take new letter from bank and submit before Interview.

nyla007
Newly Registered

Post by nyla007 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:10 pm

I have just seen that you have money in personal account. In my case they have asked me additional info and said that the the account in which i have 50k does not say that it is a business account. Do they want money in business account for people on psw switch route?

nyla007
Newly Registered

Post by nyla007 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:11 pm

good luck for ur interview shahi

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 pm

hi shahi,

i had the same letter sent through today, i am also getting a bank letter to confirm uptodate balance again as 245DD(h) seems to focus on mostly intention and availability of the funds. i'm also sending a updated letter from my client to say they now have set up landline/email for their business and the payment invoice from them. i don't know if i should take a new contract though? i've one recently, i donno how relevant it is, also i'm taking insurance quotes - or should get the insurance already? i wanted to be sure of visa first.

what day is yours? mine's on the 7th january. pretty close deadline!

and hey assay, can you just tell me what sort questions you were asked?

shahionline

Post by shahionline » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:11 pm

raihanatul.jannat wrote:hi shahi,

i had the same letter sent through today, i am also getting a bank letter to confirm uptodate balance again as 245DD(h) seems to focus on mostly intention and availability of the funds. i'm also sending a updated letter from my client to say they now have set up landline/email for their business and the payment invoice from them. i don't know if i should take a new contract though? i've one recently, i donno how relevant it is, also i'm taking insurance quotes - or should get the insurance already? i wanted to be sure of visa first.

what day is yours? mine's on the 7th january. pretty close deadline!

and hey assay, can you just tell me what sort questions you were asked?

hi raihantul.jannat
I also am thinking to get new letter and some invoices of my clients, I already have three insurances, public liability insurance, employee liability insurance, public indemnity.
my Interview is in Sheffield on 7th January afternoon, I think we are on same day. what is your time and place of Interview?

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:46 pm

hi shahi its in sheffield, afternoon too

and i do know my business plan inside out. the only problem have not taken out insurance yet, as if i dont get visa i dont have any intention to switch to another category, plus mine's just a startup business. can anyone with interview experience reply please!

they havn't asked for any specific documents from me, so sort of gives me a clean slate to send over. but i don't know if i should overwhelm the case worker with further info and documents, or just focus on my proposed business plan and market research, and experience etc?
funds are available in my personal account, but do i need to put the source too? it's inheritance/gift from dad to shape up my future?

really shouldnt be just like presenting your proposed business to prospective investors? but my company was registered in oct this year, only have two clients till now, surely they can't expect a multi millionaire industry out of me yet?

can they? my brain is fried, somebody help!

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:53 am

My suggestion to get employer liability and indemnity insurance ...... If u have office and it's public accessible then you should get public liability insurance too ....... Technically speaking been director of business we r employer too so best to cover it with correct docs as I made this mistake and it was one of the refusal point for me so I thought share my experience with u guys

Regards
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:26 am

thanks rehan

i don't have any employees now, or won't have any in the first year atleast, so don't need one.

i've just got a small business liability insurance now, but cant seem to get any professional indemnity cover online. ofcourse its sunday so i'll my level best to get something by tomo, but i provide legal consultancy and apparently that is excluded in most PII insurance covers?

does anyone have an idea or suggestion that may help me out here? i've had 2 loose ends in my original application (according to me), just want them covered now i've got an opportunity to send over documents through again.

*fingers crossed*

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:28 am

thanks rehan

i don't have any employees now, or won't have any in the first year atleast, so don't need one.

i've just got a small business liability insurance now, but cant seem to get any professional indemnity cover online. ofcourse its sunday so i'll my level best to get something by tomo, but i provide legal consultancy and apparently that is excluded in most PII insurance covers?

does anyone have an idea or suggestion that may help me out here? i've had 2 loose ends in my original application (according to me), just want them covered now i've got an opportunity to send over documents through again.

*fingers crossed*