ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

baby dpendent, need advise.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grace1
Newly Registered

baby dpendent, need advise.

Post by grace1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:26 pm

hello everyone, I had refusal of my appeal and now have got 28 days to make a fresh application. my baby born this year while my application was in process so we couldn't make his passport. If i ll apply now it will take a while, in this situation can i process my application without my child's passport along with my husband? I have maintained fund of my child as well., Any other documents shall I include?

thank you.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:45 pm

if the child was born in UK and has not been issued a dependent visa, there is nothing different for you to do. however you may apply for the childs passport from your native country embassy in UK. assuming you were then issued a new visa from your fresh application, you may at a later time apply for your childs dependent visa if the child will be travelling out of UK and will be returning back to UK.

once you are ready to apply for ILR, and once you have been issued ILR from any route, your child can then apply straight for British citizenship via form MN1 which will be a straightforward aplication. no need for your child to apply for ILR dependent.

hope this helps.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

grace1
Newly Registered

Post by grace1 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Yea it does make sence. so that means I can just go ahead and make the application along with my husband. And do not need to mention about child. Later on once we granted visa, at that time I can apply for his passport from embassy n proceed for visa. Right?

Thanks you.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 pm

see my earlier reply. but for convenience, it would be wise to get the child passport from your native country at the earliest possible. this has nothing to do with ukba.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

grace1
Newly Registered

Post by grace1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:18 am

Thank you very much for the advise. Will do so.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: baby dpendent, need advise.

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 pm

@ grace1, if you must submit your child application maybe for travel purpose or otherwise, its not compulsory to submit children passport with application if its not available during the time of your application. On the application form, they usually ask the reason why you cant provide passport, so you can explain that passport cant be obtain unless parents passports are presented at your embassy.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

grace1
Newly Registered

Post by grace1 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 pm

great @olasunkanmi, thats where i was confused, if i should submit my child's application or not along with mine....

U all have helped me, thanks a lot.. If any other advises on this topic tan please post it. very much appriciated.

nyla007
Newly Registered

Post by nyla007 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:46 pm

it is wise to apply for u and ur husband. They mostly do not issue visa to children born here as they state that a child born here does not need a visa to stay here. And once he/she travels abroad he/she needs entry clearance from that country and ukba cannot grant any child entry clearance from within uk. I hope it makes sense. I have observed one such case

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:21 pm

nyla007 wrote:it is wise to apply for u and ur husband. They mostly do not issue visa to children born here as they state that a child born here does not need a visa to stay here. And once he/she travels abroad he/she needs entry clearance from that country and ukba cannot grant any child entry clearance from within uk. I hope it makes sense. I have observed one such case

@ nyla007, where did you see such information as there is nothing like that at all, if anyone apply for their dependant child, the child get the same number of years issued to the parent and the child is even allow to work (funny though as no one expect a child to work, but that's exactly what HO put on dependant BRP to show you that they indeed issue children visa as well).
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.