ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advice about eea citizen taking benefits

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

need advice about eea citizen taking benefits

Post by gagsgahra » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Hi I am non European married to European.. We got married last year and I got my eea 2 rc..last year as well.. ..... But now she has no job because she is pregnant and nobody wants to give her job and she is on jobseeker allowance...on the other hand she is in UK for 7 years working continuously for at least six Years but she lost p60 and she does not have any proof to apply eea 3...so my question is how long she can stay on Job seeker allowance and will it effect when I am going to apply eea 4 in future? Any solutions thanks

IyaCiara

Post by IyaCiara » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:18 pm

She can call HMRC and ask them to send her proof of her earnings. Think that they can go back 5 or 6 tax years. Otherwise, she can submit payslips, contracts of employment and even bank statements highlighting salary payments. I think that going the EEA3 route would be easiest for her because she will have to stop claiming JSA 11 weeks before her due date. Alternatively, if you are working then perhaps she can claim self sufficiency for this period but I think you would also need comprehensive sickness insurance for this to work.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: need advice about eea citizen taking benefits

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:19 pm

you said she worked continuously then she is PR holder already ( even entitled to become a British Citizen ) . it will not effect your residence even if doesn't work now at all.

You can ask HMRC for last 15 years record . you don't need to worry.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

Post by gagsgahra » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 am

Thank you for reply..I ha've letter from hmrc showing last five year national insurance contributions.. I am going to apply eea3 for my wife..I can get duplicate bank statement from bank..Will they accept duplicate. Bank statements?? And she only have 2 p60 and one p45..

IyaCiara

Post by IyaCiara » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:26 am

This is a good start, but do try to get a full statement of earnings from HMRC and also try to submit payslips etc. Can your wife not contact her previous employers and ask for duplicate P60s or contracts of employment?