ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My mother and brother short stay visa was refused

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

My mother and brother short stay visa was refused

Post by knapps » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:51 pm

Today, I am very sad - I am an Irish National and my wife is Czech National. We both live in Ireland and after 5 years of not seeing my mother or my wife not meeting her I applied for my mother and brother who is studying at the university in Pakistan applied for a short stay visa.

I supplied all the documents they asked for on the website but they still refused the visa. I guess more because they are from Pakistan. Immigration officer refused on the basis that my mother has no economic ties in Pakistan. Well, she has never worked in her life as I being elder son support her.

I know my rights as an Irish national being violated by not letting me see my mother and brother when we said they would return back to Pakistan before their visas are expired.

I am going to go into appeal but anyone has any better advice. Maybe calling the local radio or television and highlight this to them as this is a genuine case and they got it all wrong.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:04 pm

No point in media exposure - this would damage your case, not help it, as many Irish do not want more immigrants (even short stay visitors).

There is possibly an assumption that your EU citizen wife, if she is working here in Ireland, will try to gain permanent residence for your mother under EU law, on the grounds that you are both supporting her and she is the dependent family member of your EU citizen wife. That is why the visa was refused.

Personally, I would apply for a visa on the grounds that your mother is the dependent of your EU citizen wife, and that is easier to appeal when it is refused, and an appeal is more likely to be successful.

Is the brother over 18 years - if under 18 he may also be your dependent?
BL

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Thank you, we do support her but honestly all we want is to meet my brother and mother as for security situation we can't go there. My brother is 23 and doing degree at the university

New App
Newly Registered

Post by New App » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Your rights are not being denied.

You are not stopped from travel to Pakistan to see your mother and being Irish has nothing to do with it.

Your mother must show she will not remain in Ireland and will not become a burden upon Ireland. This also applied to your brother.

find out exactly why she was refused and take steps to appeal