ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of relationship.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spongeman
Newly Registered

Proof of relationship.

Post by spongeman » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi there, a quick query.

Asian man, living and working in Ireland. became Irish citizen in August 2013 and got married to Asian woman in Asia in October 2013.

Last meeting between the two was start of 2011. Some Skype, little money transfers in between.

Spousal visa application failed because of lack of proof of relationship.

My question to your good selves is while the situation does not look good should he use an immigration solicitor in the appeal, and how long would an appeal take.

Thank you in advance.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:09 am

How did they marry in 2013 if they havn't met since 2011 :?
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Would it be possible to get a part time job in Northern Ireland, and apply for a visa under EU migrant worker law?

This depends on which part of Ireland you live in, obviously.
BL

spongeman
Newly Registered

Post by spongeman » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Would it be possible to get a part time job in Northern Ireland, and apply for a visa under EU migrant worker law?

This depends on which part of Ireland you live in, obviously.
That may be a possibility.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:23 am

If you wish to try that route I would suggest:

1. Get part time job in Northern Ireland - so that you have payslips from there.
2. Get an address in Northern Ireland. Live at the address at least two/three nights a week, as immigration may visit.
3. Then apply for the visa, using migrant worker rights.
BL

New App
Newly Registered

Re: Proof of relationship.

Post by New App » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:57 pm

spongeman wrote:Hi there, a quick query.

Asian man, living and working in Ireland. became Irish citizen in August 2013 and got married to Asian woman in Asia in October 2013.

Last meeting between the two was start of 2011. Some Skype, little money transfers in between.

Spousal visa application failed because of lack of proof of relationship.

My question to your good selves is while the situation does not look good should he use an immigration solicitor in the appeal, and how long would an appeal take.

Thank you in advance.
Its strange that an Irish citizen would have their marriage refused. It will be difficult if you were only married and you never lived together. It might be best if you reside together outside Ireland and then show that the relationship is genuine.