ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of english language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

singhs
Newly Registered

Evidence of english language

Post by singhs » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Hello:

I am currently on Tier1 General. I am now eligible for ILR. For knowledge of English I need some clarification for me and my wife.

a) For my application, can I still use 'degree taught in English' as evidence of English Language which I had successfully used in my previous application for Tier1?

b) For my wife's application (my dependent), can I submit her 2 year part time MBA degree from Symbiosis Institute, Pune, India as evidence of degree taught in English? She did not have to score points for English in previous application as dependent of Tier1. If yes, then do I just need to send the degree or get it certified by NARIC.

Thanks

Sanj

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Evidence of english language

Post by silent_warrior » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 am

singhs wrote:Hello:

I am currently on Tier1 General. I am now eligible for ILR. For knowledge of English I need some clarification for me and my wife.

a) For my application, can I still use 'degree taught in English' as evidence of English Language which I had successfully used in my previous application for Tier1?
Yes, but you dont need to submit it again if you have done so in your initial Tier 1 application. Just tick on evidence provided with initial Tier 1 application

b) For my wife's application (my dependent), can I submit her 2 year part time MBA degree from Symbiosis Institute, Pune, India as evidence of degree taught in English? She did not have to score points for English in previous application as dependent of Tier1. If yes, then do I just need to send the degree or get it certified by NARIC.
You would need to get it certified by UKNARIC
Check this link

Thanks

Sanj

john353

Post by john353 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Hello:

Thanks

Sanj
For dependents: If degree is awarded points in PBS calculator, a printout of PBS calculator and original degree is enough. If not awarded points, a NARIC statement of comparability, original degree and a letter from university saying that degree is taught in english is sufficient.

For main applicants, a printout of PBS calculator and original degree may be need to be shown.