ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN question 6.7 - absence 92 days in final year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ken218

Form AN question 6.7 - absence 92 days in final year

Post by ken218 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I am getting myself ready for the citizenship application. I have 92 days absence in the last 12 months. According to the resident requirement it is over the 90 days limit. But from what I read, it would normally be disregarded because it under 100 days.

On the form, question 6.7 "I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them."

I ticked *yes*

then on question 6.8 "Special circumstances - which requirement do you think you fail to meet and what are the special circumstances?"

I mentioned I was away fro 92 days - 2 days over the typical requirement, but it was due to work (letter to prove), and I paid UK tax, paying UK mortgage, and met all other requirements.

My question is - is it an overkill? should I NOT tick question 6.7, and leave 6.8 blank, hoping they would "normally" disregard the under 100 days absence? Or should I also include other things like bank statements, payslips, mortgage statements, etc?

Thanks,
Ken

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Given you are over 90 days, I think your proposed action is fine. That is, I do not think you should just ignore the standard requirement.
John

ken218

Post by ken218 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 pm

John wrote:Given you are over 90 days, I think your proposed action is fine. That is, I do not think you should just ignore the standard requirement.
Thanks John, just making sure I am not being paranoid :)