ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Straightforward application in person?!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LadySSSS

Straightforward application in person?!

Post by LadySSSS » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi there! I apologize in advance if I am asking too obvious question. I've had good read of forums, but am still not 100% on whether my application can be considered straightforward and would it be alright for me to apply in person, so I would appreciate reassurance from experienced forum members.

I will qualify for ILR end of February and will be applying beggining of March. I've been collecting cohabitation documents (i am currently on spousal visa) through the last 2 years for both me and my partner so I am not particularely concerned about it - I have originals of NI number request, my registration with NHS, few different documents from HMRC for both me and partner and numerous bank statements, utility bills, tenancy agreement, credit card statements as well as council tax bill with both names on it.

The only thing i am concerned about is lenght of time spent outside of the country. I have worked since pretty much day 1 and am still employed with the same employer. I have taken my paid annual leave to travel back home and visit my family, in total 35 days for the last 2 years (of which 10 days only without my partner acompanying me). If I understand correctly this qualifies under 90 days rule and I should be ok to apply in person as a straightforward case? Also in your opinion would it be of any help if I submit copies of our flight tickets showing that we have been flying together?

Many thanks for your response and again I do apologize if I am asking too obvious questions. I have had not so great experience in applying to my visa previously and am trying to be as confident as possible and research everything this time to avoid unnecessary stress.

LadySSSS

Post by LadySSSS » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:41 pm

Also can someone please confirm whether the days of departure and arrival count towards total absence? Many thanks.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:23 pm

I can confirm the departure and arrival dates do not count toward absences.

Your application should be fine. 35 days of absences is nothing..

My wife had 434 days of absences in the 2 year qualifying period due to medical reason but then again we went to Cardiff PEO instead of going to our local Croydon PEO...

Read my post here..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=153823

fredd

Post by fredd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:36 pm

it doesn't make any difference whether you goto croydon or cardiff

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:19 pm

In my opinion it does...

Had I gone to croydon PEO, I don't think they would have spent 6 hours on our application but rather would have sent us home and made postal decision.....

but hey that's my opinion and I certainly don't expect anyone to agree with me...