ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on my child status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Query on my child status

Post by Jegdis5 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Friends,

I got my ILR along with my wife and daughter last year.
My daughter was born here in the UK. Since my wife wanted to study Masters degree we left her in my inlaws place and its been 4 months she is staying away from us :(.

I am now going to apply for Citizenship and once I got it I will apply for my wife. Now the problem is my daughter will be still in ILR and I cant apply for her as she live in India.

My query is,

Will it be a problem to bring my daughter back to UK if my wife and I become UK citizen and daughter is on ILR?

Please advice and help me.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Query on my child status

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 am

Assuming your daughter was born before you were granted ILR.

As you now have ILR and your daughter was born in the UK, she is entitled to register as British by virtue of s1(3) BNA. This can be done no matter where your daughter is resident. Therefore, apply for her on form MN1 when you apply to naturalise.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Post by Jegdis5 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:02 am

Amber,

Problem is If I get her Citizenship, I will have to surrender her indian passport within 90 days? and If I surrender her passport then she will become illegal stayer in India without OCI?.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:11 pm

I'm not sure, that question would be better asked in the Other Countries section. However, if you register your child as British, then you can continue to use the Indian passport but after 90 days will be subject to a fine, I think. Although, I doubt that the child would be removed from India.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jegdis5
Newly Registered

Post by Jegdis5 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Amber,

Thats why I made it very simple.I am in no hurry for applying for my daugfhter as it would be very easy for her to get the citizenship.

My only worry is there should not be any problem when we bring our daughter on ILR to UK while we parents are citizen.

Especially Indian officials should not create any mess!