ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiwi79
Newly Registered

English language requirement

Post by kiwi79 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding the english language requirement.

I am extending my tier 1 and as a kiwi I am claiming points as a national of an english speaking country.

Now I am a little confused about the question in section 4 "Select how you would like to claim points for English language". Should the answer be "National of a majority English speaking country" or should it be "You are currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, or as a HSMP participant and have previously satisfied the English Language requirement". Both answers seem correct or is the latter only for people who have completed a test?

Thanks and happy new year!

O_Relly

Re: English language requirement

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:49 pm

You should select,
"National of a majority English speaking country"

as I understand it is the same option you would have selected during your first Tier 1 application or previous extension.

The latter option,
"You are currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, or as a HSMP participant and have previously satisfied the English Language requirement",
is only for people who are not a National of a majority English speaking country and had to provide documentary evidence, either in the form of test results or degree taught in English during their first application or previous extension.

Cheers.
Cheers,
OR