ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed Sole Representative Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BENLA
Newly Registered

Help Needed Sole Representative Application

Post by BENLA » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 am

Hi all,

I would really appreciate some help filling in the sole representative visa application form. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1) I understand that the sole representative visa leads to settlement after 5 years in this category but the application form asks how long do you intend to stay in the UK and asks for a date of return. What should I write if I intend to settle in the UK?

2) I also understand that you can bring your family with you and the application form asks if my wife and children will be travelling with me. What if we want to travel separately? Should I still enter that we are travelling together? If I say no will the Home Office understand to grant them visas as my dependents and they will be arriving shortly after me?

3) The fee is £278. Does that fee include my wife and children's visas as my dependents?

Thanks in anticipation of your help with these questions I have looked all over the HO website and can't find an answer.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Help Needed Sole Representative Application

Post by manci » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:17 pm

see Immigration Rules 144-150:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part5/
initial grant 3 years, extension 2 years, ILR after 5 years

The application (on form VAF2 or online) is for entry clearance as sole representative of an overseas business, it has nothing to do with settlement

if you are not travelling together with your family tick the NO box at 4.15 on form VAF2.

Your family members have to apply separately (and each has to pay the visa fee), see:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

BTW - how does this post square with your post a year ago on 23 Dec 2012 when you said "....I am a French national working in the UK and would like to marry my non-EEA fiancé who is an overstayer ...."

BENLA
Newly Registered

Post by BENLA » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi Manci,

Thanks for your reply, I understand that the application is for entry clearance but what do I enter into the first boxes questions- How long do you intend to stay in the UK? and When will you leave the UK? with a specific date being asked for.

Can I just confirm with you that even if I was travelling with my wife and children each of us would have to fill out a separate application VAF2, book separate appointments etc and pay separately?

And in reply to your question - I am writing on this site for a friend who doesn't read and write English, I am trying to help him fill out his application and thought it would be easier to ask for advice as if it was me.

I really appreciate your help with this one. Thanks again.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:19 pm

BENLA wrote:..... I am writing on this site for a friend who doesn't read and write English....

Your fiend's application is unlikely to succeed if he cannot prove knowledge of English to at least CEFR A1 standard. See p22: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary.

Question 8.6 on application form VAF2 also refers

BENLA
Newly Registered

Post by BENLA » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:12 am

Hi Manci,

Thanks again for your reply. He has passed the test its just he doesn't read and write English as well as I do and I thought I could help him out. If you could please answer the questions in my previous post it would be greatly appreciated.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:55 am

BENLA wrote:Hi Manci,

Thanks for your reply, I understand that the application is for entry clearance but what do I enter into the first boxes questions- How long do you intend to stay in the UK? and When will you leave the UK? with a specific date being asked for.
put 3½ years, they will only grant the leave for the max. period allowed by the rules anyway

Can I just confirm with you that even if I was travelling with my wife and children each of us would have to fill out a separate application VAF2, book separate appointments etc and pay separately?
separate applications will be needed but whether online or paper, payment details. appointments, etc depends on the country. Refer to the Visa4UK website.

And in reply to your question - I am writing on this site for a friend who doesn't read and write English, I am trying to help him fill out his application and thought it would be easier to ask for advice as if it was me.

I really appreciate your help with this one. Thanks again.