ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New English language requirement & LITUK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jalebi

New English language requirement & LITUK

Post by jalebi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi everyone

My husband moved to the UK after obtaining a spouse visa in Dec 2012. He is originally from Pakistan and he undertook the necessary City and Guilds Intl Esol (iesol) diploma (A1).

With the new rules coming in to place in October about having a having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent, for naturalisation, I was wondering which course would be best to do? And also, when would be the best time to take both the Life in the UK test and the English qualification? Some tests have an expiry.

Is it too early to be thinking about all this?

Any advice would be helpful.
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:49 pm

The life in the UK test doesn't expire. I'd wait under the revised approved list of courses is released nearer to 28-oct-2013.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jalebi

Re: New English language requirement & LITUK

Post by jalebi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:12 pm

This is just an update to my post in August. My husband has now applied for Skills for Life – ESOL at a local college in October but is on a waiting list for an assessment interview. I rang the college to find out what's happening and they said they have lots of people being processed and the interview is possibly in new year now. So it's taking quite a while.

Anyone experience the same?
:roll:
Sis-in-law..
2 May 2012 : English test Results
4 July 2012 @ Mirpur : Submitted Spouse Visa
17 July 2012 : Under process at BHC
20 November 2012 : Received RFC
21 November 2012 : Visa approved
Dec 2012 : Arrived in England