ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in first adult passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajaiizahir
Newly Registered

Delay in first adult passport

Post by rajaiizahir » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi, I have applied for my first adult passport on 15 November. It is more than six weeks now. I contacted IPS and they have said it is being processed. The answer is very vague. Anyway, if anyone can suggest me what I should do now and the probable thing that might cause the delay. So here is my story. I got my right of abode through my father. I got it by submitting my birth certificate, my parents' marriage certificate and my father's certificate of registration. The same documents are also the requirements for the passport. In addition all others requirements like photographs, signatory - these were also done as per the instruction. After having done everything correctly what could be the good reason that it takes time more than what IPS promises to follow. I shall be grateful if anyone can give me an idea about the whole thing.

VR

Re: Delay in first adult passport

Post by VR » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:54 pm

Rajaiizahir,

The HMP passport office is another Public sector white elephant organisation full of jobs worths and a few rare efficient people. You are not alone in your baffling experience with them.

Atleast in your case there is a delay in getting your passport. A friend of mine had an issue with wrong name on the Naturalisation Certificate. From his experience and now yours, I believe there are a lot of Government Departments which work as ''Kingdoms'' and I suspect there is no seamless workflows from the start of the application process to the time the passport is issued with different departments working independantly without common data and sequential tasks. I also believe within each department there are different sections which are not aware of whats going around. For instance when I went into the Passport interview cubicle the chap asked me when did you get your invitation? I said I called on Friday and took the appointment for the following Monday. He was shocked. Infact I called the 300 number on the passport interview letter and fixed it up. First time when I called the woman on the line seemed to indicate there were no appointments for Monday. I told her I will re-fix my GP appointment and get back to them with a preferred time. I called them up in 20 minutes and lo and behold another woman on the line fixed up the first slot in the morning 7:45 I was there, 8.15 was the Interview, out by 10 minutes and at the GP's by 9:00AM.

So there is nothing to be bewildered. Every migrant suffers anxiety till the very end and they do little to help reduce it. Apologies for the long story line. This is my ipsofacto experience with them.
cheers
vr