ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Success at Sheffield

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lunakick

PEO Success at Sheffield

Post by lunakick » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:51 am

I was on a work permit from 2008 until 2011 when I changed jobs and got a Tier 2 (general). Booked the PEO appointment online, but the system logged me out while paying which meant payment was taken without an appointment given. After several emails to several addresses, the Sheffield appointment was booked for me and 2 dependents. Went through security, they took documents and 2 1/2 hours later they took biometrics. Waited another hour before they told us it was a success; everyone was pleasant at the office, which was great, but would have appreciated getting out of the office like others were told they could.
Documents brought (plus a copy):
1) all current and old passports for everyone on the form
2) BRP cards
3) 3 months' bank statements for salary account
4) 3 months' payslips
5) Letter from old employer - a letter about my employment and absences for work.
6) Letter from current employer - that I'm needed as an employee, my pay is more than appropriate rate of pay, my SOC code. A letter about my absences for work
7 ) P60s from 2008-2012
8) LIUK certificates
9) Cohab documents for myself and husband
10) Birth certificate for child
11) Name change documents, since we did a statutory declaration

I put documents in separate labeled envelopes to make it easier. Good luck to everyone and thanks to those who helped with queries as the paperwork was being completed!

Macco

Re: PEO Success at Sheffield

Post by Macco » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Many Congratulation Lunakick !!! What documents you have provided to satisfy English language for yourself and spouse.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:55 pm

lunakick wrote:I was on a work permit from 2008 until 2011 when I changed jobs and got a Tier 2 (general). Booked the PEO appointment online, but the system logged me out while paying which meant payment was taken without an appointment given. After several emails to several addresses, the Sheffield appointment was booked for me and 2 dependents. Went through security, they took documents and 2 1/2 hours later they took biometrics. Waited another hour before they told us it was a success; everyone was pleasant at the office, which was great, but would have appreciated getting out of the office like others were told they could.
Documents brought (plus a copy):
1) all current and old passports for everyone on the form
2) BRP cards
3) 3 months' bank statements for salary account
4) 3 months' payslips
5) Letter from old employer - a letter about my employment and absences for work.
6) Letter from current employer - that I'm needed as an employee, my pay is more than appropriate rate of pay, my SOC code. A letter about my absences for work
7 ) P60s from 2008-2012
8) LIUK certificates
9) Cohab documents for myself and husband
10) Birth certificate for child
11) Name change documents, since we did a statutory declaration

I put documents in separate labeled envelopes to make it easier. Good luck to everyone and thanks to those who helped with queries as the paperwork was being completed!
Many congratulations, I am trying to book my appointment and got query below that i am sure you can answer:

During the online booking process in a beginning a question they ask which confuse me.

Which category of leave are you applying for?

1 Tier 1 (General)
2 Tier 2
3 Other Main Applicant
4 Dependent

Right now I am on Tier 1(General) in my 5th year. My visa is about to finish in March 2014 So, I am going to applying for SET(O) for ILR.

Do you have any idea that which option do I need to choose.

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:02 am

I chose Other Main Applicant since I was on a work permit but I guess you would choose Tier 1.

lunakick

Post by lunakick » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:04 am

Macco wrote:Many Congratulation Lunakick !!! What documents you have provided to satisfy English language for yourself and spouse.
I'm from the US and so is my husband so we just passed that English language test by being from a majority English country. However, NY is pretty equal Spanish and English.... But it gets me past that requirement so that's alright!