ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after applying naturalization with different surname

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmm

Travel after applying naturalization with different surname

Post by nmm » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:01 am

Hi,

I applied for naturalization of me & family in oct 2013. I changed the surname of my wife using deed poll before applying. I just received acknowledgment from Home office and as per current processing time it may take 1/2 months to process our application.

Now we are planning to travel to my home country (Pakistan) in April. I am quite confused about would I book tickets with old name of my wife or with new name? My wife's Pakistani passport and BRP both are with her old name. If she change name on Pakistani passport and won't be able to get british passport by April she won't be able to travel with her new name.

So we are thinking of not changing the name on Pakistani passport and use BRP instead of British passport, Can someone confirm if that's possible?

Thanks

VR

Re: Travel after applying naturalization with different surn

Post by VR » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:57 am

Book in old name and travel........... Simplessssssss!!! :D
VR

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:47 am

Thanks for reply.
So does that mean we can use BRP even after naturalisation?

nmm

Post by nmm » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:46 pm

I was searching on the google and found that you need to get a new BRP within 3 months, if your change your name. Do this apply as well if someone has applied for naturalization and waiting for the result?

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Could some experienced member please reply?

VR

Post by VR » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:21 pm

M8,

Technically the BRP needs to be updated once you have the changed passport to keep it in sync. For now you can travel to pakistan on the passport with Maiden name and also the BRP card can be used to enter England.

I think you are working yourself up overtly. They will not impose any fines if you are travelling to your home country as the British naturalisation is being processed. Remember once you get the British Passport you wont need to use the BRP anymore!!
cheers
vr

PS: I am not an ''Experienced member'' but trying to gain experience at your expense!! :lol:

nmm

Post by nmm » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Thanks VR,

Can you provide any URL referring to this information?

VR

Post by VR » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:42 pm

nmm,

there were many similar queries on the board as early as 2013. You might want to search with BRP and see.
cheers
vr