ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hi Manci please help with this inqury

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alhadi_zh78
Newly Registered

Hi Manci please help with this inqury

Post by Alhadi_zh78 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:54 pm

Hello Manci and all
happy new year

could please advise me on this inquiry

I currently working with employer my current visa is Tier 2 (ICT) will expired April 2015.

i transfer to UK on 18 May 2010 under Tier 2 (ICT) i am still with same employer and same job until now
i just got an new offer much better from another company and I am confused

Do i need to leave UK and wait for 12 months if i want to leave my current employer and accept the job with new company
or this can be done in UK. note that i entered UK 18 may 2010 with Tier 2 (ICT) visa

please answer my as soon as you i need to make decision urgently before notifying my current employer
i do not want to loss my current job and then find out i can not get the visa until 12 month cooling period

thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Hi Manci please help with this inqury

Post by manci » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:02 pm

you can switch from T2 ICT to T2G in-country, there is no cooling-off period

You will need a new CoS from the prospective new sponsor and once it is assigned you can apply for leave to remain.

Check that the new job being offered is NQF level 6 (unless it is a shortage occupation) and that the salary will be at least the minimum required for the job SOC code. An RLMT is also likely to be needed.

Don't give notice until your application has been approved by the HO.

Alhadi_zh78
Newly Registered

Re: Hi Manci please help with this inqury

Post by Alhadi_zh78 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:25 pm

manci wrote:you can switch from T2 ICT to T2G in-country, there is no cooling-off period

You will need a new CoS from the prospective new sponsor and once it is assigned you can apply for leave to remain.

Check that the new job being offered is NQF level 6 (unless it is a shortage occupation) and that the salary will be at least the minimum required for the job SOC code. An RLMT is also likely to be needed.

Don't give notice until your application has been approved by the HO.

thanks alot manci