ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help on housing inspection/overcrowding pls.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rayking

need help on housing inspection/overcrowding pls.

Post by Rayking » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:16 pm

I live in a shared house and thinking of staying there or moving before applying for a fiance visa (only if it's ok)
These are my worries.
1.My tenancy agreement isn't more than a page,will that be enough?
2.if I do the inspection of the house,how long will it be valid for before my application?
3.My landlord says I can have the place as long as I want and I'm confused,what type of tenancy agreement is that? And will that be accepted?
And lastly,if all these don't add up,do you advise I get another place?
Please advise,I've been relying on this forum for getting each and exact documents these people will ask for.
Thanks in advance for your contributions.

batleykhan

Re: need help on housing inspection/overcrowding pls.

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Rayking wrote:I live in a shared house and thinking of staying there or moving before applying for a fiance visa (only if it's ok)
These are my worries.
1.My tenancy agreement isn't more than a page,will that be enough?

Your TA should be an Assured Short hold Tenancy (sample and templates available free from web)

2.if I do the inspection of the house,how long will it be valid for before my application?

Inspections are usually valid upto 6 months

3.My landlord says I can have the place as long as I want and I'm confused,what type of tenancy agreement is that? And will that be accepted?

As Above

And lastly,if all these don't add up,do you advise I get another place?

If you wish you can. It must be available at time your spouse arrives in UK( therefore if you find another one, getting it in writing from the landlord that you could have it it say in 3-6 months in the form of a letter or draft version of above TA would be sufficient.You can then move in it when your partner arrives)

Please advise,I've been relying on this forum for getting each and exact documents these people will ask for.
Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Bartleykhan,
Thanks for taking your time to respond.Can we just conclude that living in shared house exposes an applicant or sponsor to more scrutiny then?
your advise is greatly valued.

aknc789
Newly Registered

Post by aknc789 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:24 pm

I am also waiting ans for this. thanks