ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name change on BRP if applied for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmm

Name change on BRP if applied for naturalisation

Post by nmm » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:00 am

Hi,

I posted this query in some other thread but didn't get any response, so I am posting it as a separate thread.

Me & my family applied for naturalisation in Oct 2013 and we just received the acknowledgement on 27/12/2013. My wife changed her surname by deed poll just before application and sent the change name request in the application. According to BRP guideline we need to get new BRP within 3 months of name change, now my question is:

Do we need to get a new BRP even if we have applied for naturalisation?

I know that BRP will be redundant after naturalisation approval and I also searched this forum and found that it takes 3 to 6 months to get new BRP. Logically it looks no advantage of getting a new BRP but I couldn't find any information on UKBA website or any thread on this forum. Can someone please provide me any information about this and link to the UKBA?

I will be highly obliged.

nmm

Re: Name change on BRP if applied for naturalisation

Post by nmm » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Even after trying hard searching on UKBA website and google I found no authentic information about this topic. It's really strange that there is no information about status of BRP after getting naturalization.
Help on this topic will be highly appreciated.
Thanks