ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application from inside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

colonel_sanders
Newly Registered

Application from inside UK

Post by colonel_sanders » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:23 am

Hello,

I'm currently in the UK on a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative or Sporting) visa. I am a New Zealand resident and would like to apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur Visa) in January . Would anyone know if it is possible for me to apply from inside the UK, or would I have to apply from my home country?

Thanks!

fcinldn
Newly Registered

Re: Application from inside UK

Post by fcinldn » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 am

Hi there,
Check this link for the T1E Guidance note. It didn't mention Tier 5 when it talks about who can switch into T1E within the UK -- you may want to do more research on it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

But then to be honest, if going back to NZ isn't too much trouble, it will be a better route. Processing time in the UK is still very much unknown and untrackable. Applying from overseas seems to have shorter processing time and much more transparent on how long they will hold onto your passport.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ableAnchor

Good luck.

colonel_sanders
Newly Registered

Re: Application from inside UK

Post by colonel_sanders » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 am

Great, thanks for the information.

In that case I'll apply from NZ. Thanks again! :)