ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost BRP, can I apply for British passport without brp card

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jo1

Lost BRP, can I apply for British passport without brp card

Post by Jo1 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi All,

I am living in uk with residence permit since 6 December 2012. I lost my brp card while in India. I travelled with single entry visa valid till 6 Jan 2014.

I am eligible to apply for British passport

Can I apply for British passport directly or do i need to get replacement for my ILR card & then apply for British passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lost BRP, can I apply for British passport without brp c

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 pm

You need to apply for Naturalisation as a BC before you can apply for a British Passport.

You will need your ILR BRP or if you have a photocopy and a police report, you could use that or a letter stating ILR approval. Otherwise, you will need to apply for a replacement BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jo1

Post by Jo1 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 pm

I have copy of police report, photocopy of Brp card and approval letter. Thanks for confirming. I will apply for naturalisation now.

Since I was asked to apply for replacement brp within 1 month of entering uk. Hope that will not be a issue as I am applying for naturalisation. Thanks a ton for quick response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:40 pm

If you are applying using NCS, give them a call and ask them to check with UKBA but I don't see it being a problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi Jo!

Did you apply i have same issue, Did you apply through NCS?

are u accepting application without Card?

JamesBrodie

Post by JamesBrodie » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:30 am

I am in a similar situation, however, the letter I received from HO does not explicitly state approval of ILR. It just says that I will receive my Biometric Residency Permit card in the post. Attached to the letter are some pages that state my ILR is granted but it explicity says at the top of the page that THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR.

Is this the letter that the posters above or talking about? Or is it some other letter that explicitly states ILR approval. Should I have received such a letter?
Naturalisation App: 25/3
Receipt by UKBA: 26/3
Email Ack/Fee taken: 13/4
Approval: 8/5 (Dated: 2/5)
Ceremony: 27/5

Passport App: 3/6 via PO
Receipt of App: 4/6
Interview Letter: 10/6
Return of Docs: 11/6
Interview: 15/6
Printed: 16/6
Arrived: 17/6

brendonuc
Newly Registered

Re: Lost BRP, can I apply for British passport without brp card

Post by brendonuc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:34 pm

Hello Jo1 and JamesBrodie.

i have sim situation - brp stolen in Egypt on holiday - eligible for naturalisation. Can I apply without brp card? Have police report, colour copies of brp card, email from UKBA that it was reported lost/stolen.

if you can by passing on your experience it would be greatly appreciated