ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For my Parent Visit Visa trip

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrapp2012

For my Parent Visit Visa trip

Post by ilrapp2012 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Dear seniors,

I would like to ask few queries about my elderly parents to visit UK. I have been waiting for them to turn to 65 to get this dependent visa, but as I have now read the rules, they have changed the rule and made it almost impossible to get it.
Therefore, I would like them to come to visit us on visit visa for now. I have few queries if someone can reply would be highly appreciated. I did read the visit visa guidance document.

I have got the British passport last year. My father is retired, and my mother is an housewife, are still taking care of our two younger brother and sister who are studying at the moment in Pakistan. We also send them money each month. My father own few properties and got a good amount of money in his account. My mother does not have money in her bank account and also she does not have any property on her name. Now we want to find out whether it is good for my father to apply on his own without any financial aid from our side. I have summarised my questions as below.

1. Should he apply for a family visitor visa Or a tourist visa. Which one will be more better in our case? Although they will be here to visit UK places rather than specifically us. I have seen, in the visa form they do need to declare their family if live in UK. How does this effect their visa? Does it mean it has to be family visit?

2. My father applied twice the UK visa before, but that was when he was in middle east and working (6-7 years back) and he was working at the time. He is retired now. Despite applied twice, he only visited once for a short period of time.

3. We live in a shared accommodation will be termed as overcrowded. Can we book hotel for their visit in advance? Can any friend of mine who lives not near to us but a little bit far can offer accommodation? What is the better option in this case?

4. In terms of economical ties, what document do they need to show, in case of my father, he can show his property document I believe? What other documents should we show for each? I am also worried about my mother, what economical ties evidence I can show for her.

5. Do they need to show marriage visa as they both will be applying?

6. Can we apply for long term visit visa at first instance? My father did visit UK, but my mother did not or we should do 6 months visit first?

7. Does anyone know a good solicitor from Karachi to apply?

Sorry for my questions. The only reason being sceptical is I do not want their visa to be rejected and want to provide/collect each and every inch of documents.

I look forward to receiving a reply.
Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: For my Parent Visit Visa trip

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm

ilrapp2012 wrote: I have got the British passport last year. My father is retired, and my mother is an housewife, are still taking care of our two younger brother and sister who are studying at the moment in Pakistan. We also send them money each month. My father own few properties and got a good amount of money in his account. My mother does not have money in her bank account and also she does not have any property on her name. Now we want to find out whether it is good for my father to apply on his own without any financial aid from our side. I have summarised my questions as below.
Well - if he's got the cash - that's fine.
1. Should he apply for a family visitor visa Or a tourist visa. Which one will be more better in our case? Although they will be here to visit UK places rather than specifically us. I have seen, in the visa form they do need to declare their family if live in UK. How does this effect their visa? Does it mean it has to be family visit?
Family visit - they are coming to visit you and be tourists. The difference is minimal now anyway.
2. My father applied twice the UK visa before, but that was when he was in middle east and working (6-7 years back) and he was working at the time. He is retired now. Despite applied twice, he only visited once for a short period of time.
That's fine.
3. We live in a shared accommodation will be termed as overcrowded. Can we book hotel for their visit in advance? Can any friend of mine who lives not near to us but a little bit far can offer accommodation? What is the better option in this case?
You can book a hotel in advance if you like - but it's not necessary - however it does have to be reflected in the amount they think the trip will cost them. Your friend could offer accommodation - but if your parents haven't met them before that might raise a red flag.
4. In terms of economical ties, what document do they need to show, in case of my father, he can show his property document I believe? What other documents should we show for each? I am also worried about my mother, what economical ties evidence I can show for her.
Bank statements ... family information ... it's not all about financial ties - social ties are also important. So family/friends etc.
5. Do they need to show marriage visa as they both will be applying?
I assume you mean marriage certificate? Well - the way I think about applying for a visa is 'if you say something in the forms - prove it'. So if they say they are married - include the certificate to prove it. If they don't have the certificate - explain why in the additional notes or cover letter.
6. Can we apply for long term visit visa at first instance? My father did visit UK, but my mother did not or we should do 6 months visit first?
Always go 6 months first.
7. Does anyone know a good solicitor from Karachi to apply?
Can't help here - but there should never be a need for a solicitor to apply for a visitor visa - they are straight forward providing you have all the documentation.

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Many thanks for your so prompt reply. I was not expecting at all. Seriously, a big thanks for that.
Yes, my father has a good amount of cash almost 14 thousands pounds which I believe should be sufficient to show for
the trip of 1 month. Yes, I meant marriage certificate sorry for typo. Just few more queries:-

1. So He should apply as a family visit visa. and my father will be applying/sponsoring for both.

2. He will book hotel then hopefully.

3. Economic/Social Ties:- What other documents I can show for my mother to proof her social ties?
a. My other siblings university or college certificates or their presence that she need to take care of them back home?
b. MY father properties document that he need to maintain them.

4. Does my father need to submit some amount of money to my mother's account before applying or it is fine ?

5. Do I need to show or sponsor anything from UK for them? As Now my father will be sponsoring all and it is kind of irrelevant if I give my details etc.

6. Any other documents that you can think of to supply?

I won't do the solicitor.

thanks.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:12 pm

ilrapp2012 wrote: 1. So He should apply as a family visit visa. and my father will be applying/sponsoring for both.

2. He will book hotel then hopefully.

3. Economic/Social Ties:- What other documents I can show for my mother to proof her social ties?
a. My other siblings university or college certificates or their presence that she need to take care of them back home?
b. MY father properties document that he need to maintain them.
Short answer is - whatever you can provide.
4. Does my father need to submit some amount of money to my mother's account before applying or it is fine ?
Not providing that it's clear he takes care of her. In fact - moving amounts of money just prior to a visa application can cause more harm than good as the ECO says 'hold on - they've done this just to get the visa and the money will disappear after' ... it's better to be honest and say 'my husband takes care of me financially - so all the money is in his bank account - but I have access to it'.
5. Do I need to show or sponsor anything from UK for them? As Now my father will be sponsoring all and it is kind of irrelevant if I give my details etc.
You don't need to show anything financial or accommodation wise if you aren't sponsoring them - but I always include a copy of my passport and my wife's passport when we apply for her mum/brother. I'd also include a copy of a council tax bill to prove your live where you say you do.
6. Any other documents that you can think of to supply?
Without knowing every detail of your/their circumstances - it's impossible to say. Just follow the advice I gave before - if you assert something in the form - prove it with documentation. I'd also write a cover letter about you/your circumstances and explain it to the ECO.

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:25 pm

thanks once again for your quick and explanatory replies.
So booking hotel in advance and cancel it if visa do not get approved before few days is perfectly fine. In case if anything goes adverse.

Q) My mother is an house wife and to be honest, that is the only document we can provide to show that she would go back certainly to look after my other siblings. And for my father, he can show his property docs + children document to show his evidence.
Other than this I can't think anything. That is why I asked if you can suggest more?

Many thanks

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:43 am

Hi again,

Sorry, just want to remove few more doubts.

1. My father if apply for a family visit, including my mother, and younger siblings (they are studying). is it ok to do so?
As I am only showing my mother ties that she needs to take care of her two children and my father properties.
Will it be ok as now those two children are also included in the trip? Or it is risky to apply for all of them together? Should we just go for mum and dad visa first?

2. We too submit small amount of money to my father's account on monthly basis. Will it create any problem?
My concern is, it will show on his bank account statement? But then does this create problem, that our family is kind of dependent on us? My father also get monthly rent from the properties he owned.

3. What other docs can I show for the social ties?

Many thanks

Please if someone can reply ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Everyone applies for their own visa. It's not a joint application (although you can reference the fact they are travelling together). We have seen people here who've had 2 out of 3 family members accepted and the third refused when supposedly travelling together.

So you have to evaluate each application individually.

Amount remitted to your father won't cause a problem providing you show the source.

Zizi
Newly Registered

Re: UK Settlement visa for my father 80 years old

Post by Zizi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:16 am

I am British Citizen. I am the only son of my elderly parents and have four sisters. My mom has a British Citizen but my dad has Pakistani nationality and both are over 65's. The have visited the UK several times in last 6 years. My dad still has five year multiple valid visa which will be expired in My 2014. I wish to apply for settlement visa for my Dad. I have my own house and have separate room for them and I send regularly money to them. Now my dad has heart problem and my sisters live fare from my dad house and they cannot look after them because they are busy in their own life. Please advise how to apply for my dad settlement visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: UK Settlement visa for my father 80 years old

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:29 am

Zizi wrote:I am British Citizen. I am the only son of my elderly parents and have four sisters. My mom has a British Citizen but my dad has Pakistani nationality and both are over 65's. The have visited the UK several times in last 6 years. My dad still has five year multiple valid visa which will be expired in My 2014. I wish to apply for settlement visa for my Dad. I have my own house and have separate room for them and I send regularly money to them. Now my dad has heart problem and my sisters live fare from my dad house and they cannot look after them because they are busy in their own life. Please advise how to apply for my dad settlement visa.
Only way I can think of is if your mother moves here as a BC and your father on ILE, but they might struggle to pass any financial tests.

Whilst you can apply for your father as an Elderly Dependant, if you read here only one has ever been granted and it costs something like £1600, plus financial undertakings, and plus the fact they have family there, so no chance there.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....