ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Zainab26 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:44 am

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
ALWAYSHOPE wrote:Congratulations Zaineb

I wouldnt trust whatever time frame they give. But have hope from Allah and Insha Allah your husband will get passport back quickly.

Thank you.
Thanks so much to Allah Pak that this is finally coming to an end.
I really hope he gets his passport soon.

How are you getting on?
Still waiting after submitting fresh application which you can tell from the signature under my posts. I hope i hear soon. Getting bored from all this waiting. Glad the holidays are nearly over.
Inshallah hopefully you will hear very very soon. Keep praying and doing dua :) Did you go Pakistan not long ago? I went on the 6th Dec and got back on the 29th Dec. I was in Pakistan when the Visa office called my Pakistan to submit his passport and TB Test.

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:11 pm

I also applied at 19 July and still waitnig
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:00 pm

Forlorn wrote:I also applied at 19 July and still waitnig
Afternoon Forlorn,

Any thoughts on what you'll do next if you don't hear back in a week or so? I still can't believe why they'd take this long :(

Forlorn

Post by Forlorn » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:36 pm

newbie1213 wrote:
Forlorn wrote:I also applied at 19 July and still waitnig
Afternoon Forlorn,

Any thoughts on what you'll do next if you don't hear back in a week or so? I still can't believe why they'd take this long :(
We can't do anything except waiting
Applied at 04/12/12
Under process at BHC 18/12/12
RFC : 05/03/13
RE-Applied at 19/07/13
Under process at BHC 01/08/13
RFC : inshallah positive result soon

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Inshallah hopefully you will hear very very soon. Keep praying and doing dua :) Did you go Pakistan not long ago? I went on the 6th Dec and got back on the 29th Dec. I was in Pakistan when the Visa office called my Pakistan to submit his passport and TB Test.[/quote]

Insha Allah will be good news for me this time round. I did go Pakistan last year and spent around 4 months with my husband. At this point i thought i would win appeal at hearing, but unfortunately didnt. At the end of the day Allah knows whats best for us, even though we somethimes dont think this.

Glad the BHC/Gerrys holidays are over, back to normal from tomorrow. Hope people start getting RFC messages.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Zazam wrote:those holiday dates are from this year new years 2013.
However on that basis I suppose they are on holiday for 2014 as well.
That explains it. Glad the holidays over.

numan4040

Re:

Post by numan4040 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:13 am

Sameena akhtar wrote:Am i the last applicant from April??

Should i be worried iv been waiting for 8 months now
Salam Sameena

My wife is till waiting:

Applied on 20the May 2013
Still Waiting

MP sent letter 3 times, complaint to two different departments but still not a sound! Replies to all emails and letters are the same, Keep saying that the application is under process.!

RZ Girl

Post by RZ Girl » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:22 am

Any rfc??
Applied in lahore on 04/07/2013
Under process 19/07/2013
Got a letter on 27/09/2013 its on hold
Doc submitted 17/10/2013
Rfc : INSHALLAH soon

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Re: Re:

Post by Sameena akhtar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:45 am

numan4040 wrote:

Salam Sameena

My wife is till waiting:

Still Waiting

MP sent letter 3 times, complaint to two different departments but still not a sound! Replies to all emails and letters are the same, Keep saying that the application is under process.!
Yeah i am getting the same!

numan4040

Re: Re:

Post by numan4040 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:58 am

Sameena akhtar wrote:
numan4040 wrote:

Salam Sameena

My wife is till waiting:

Still Waiting

Yeah i am getting the same!
I think I have upset them by complaining too much! Very unprofessional of them.

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi,

My wife arrived in the UK on the 25/09/13 and we're planning a trip to do Umrah in March this year, insh'Allah.

What're the conditions? Can she travel whilst having a Pakistani Passport, but stamped with a UK Spouse Visa? Is there a length of time she has to wait before doing so?

shah183

Post by shah183 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Smiggy wrote:Hi,

My wife arrived in the UK on the 25/09/13 and we're planning a trip to do Umrah in March this year, insh'Allah.

What're the conditions? Can she travel whilst having a Pakistani Passport, but stamped with a UK Spouse Visa? Is there a length of time she has to wait before doing so?
Hello brother don't mind but do u think its a relevant question to dis forum?
Submitted from Lahore: 24-09-2013
Under process at BHC : 07-10-2013
RFC: -------------------- 13-01-2014
Collected on: ---------- 15-01-2014
Outcome: Visa Granted :)

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:36 pm

To Smiggy

Hi i am not sure anyone would know the answer to this on this forum. We are all applicants waiting to hear back and hoping for visa granted. Please pray for us and i hope that you and your wife do go to Umrah. I have heard its a great experience and only hope one day maybe i'll experience going to Umrah aswell Insha Allah.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:44 am

Assalam walikum all members,

people could you please provide your valuable opinion on this.

you marry a girl whom already has a passport in her fathers name (surname). is it crucial to change the name on her passport to her husbands name in order to apply for a spouse visa?
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:56 am

tallojani wrote:Assalam walikum all members,

you marry a girl whom already has a passport in her fathers name (surname). is it crucial to change the name on her passport to her husbands name in order to apply for a spouse visa?
Salaam,

From what I am aware of, it's not really crucial. I don't think it'll make a different to the application. I however discussed this with my wife, and she decided to take my name on and drop her fathers name. We then changed her NADRA I.D card so it showed that I was her husband. Her passport only showed my name as her surname. It all depends on what you want to do. Again, I don't think it's crucial, as I have family members who haven't changed to their husbands names and they've got visas fine.

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 pm

prayforus wrote:

Salaam,

From what I am aware of, it's not really crucial. I don't think it'll make a different to the application. I however discussed this with my wife, and she decided to take my name on and drop her fathers name. We then changed her NADRA I.D card so it showed that I was her husband. Her passport only showed my name as her surname. It all depends on what you want to do. Again, I don't think it's crucial, as I have family members who haven't changed to their husbands names and they've got visas fine.
You see with my wife I waited till after marriage, then I made her I.D card and passport in my name then applied but my cousin doesn't want to wait and wants to get documents prepared now so he could apply straight after the wedding. The English A1 test does that require husbands name? I know my wife needed her passport to be able to sit in the test.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:53 pm

tallojani wrote:
prayforus wrote:

Salaam,

You see with my wife I waited till after marriage, then I made her I.D card and passport in my name then applied but my cousin doesn't want to wait and wants to get documents prepared now so he could apply straight after the wedding. The English A1 test does that require husbands name? I know my wife needed her passport to be able to sit in the test.
All that matters is at the time of application that her full name corresponds in all the documents. so it should be the same in the passport, test cert, tb cert, nikkah nama etc. I don't think it makes a difference on the outcome as my wife changed her surname and we haven't heard back in over 6 months!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:41 pm

TangoMike wrote:All that matters is at the time of application that her full name corresponds in all the documents. so it should be the same in the passport, test cert, tb cert, nikkah nama etc. I don't think it makes a difference on the outcome as my wife changed her surname and we haven't heard back in over 6 months!
I'm not sure about the 'full name corresponds in all documents.' Reason being, the only time my wifes name is different in any of the documents which we have submitted is in the nikah nama where she had her original surname. In everything else, she used my surname.
I explained this in an attached letter to the application on why the name differed on the nikah nama, and then on everything else. I was told this is ok, but as with these small niggles, you never know.

The nikah nama is needed from what I remember to make the I.D card for the spouse in your name, can't remember for the passport. I know we took ours for the I.D card.

If he wants to apply straight away, just use the name which his wife will sign/use on the nikah nama. I think it'll make things much easier, and less to question by the I/O.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:46 pm

prayforus wrote:
TangoMike wrote:All that matters is at the time of application that her full name corresponds in all the documents. so it should be the same in the passport, test cert, tb cert, nikkah nama etc. I don't think it makes a difference on the outcome as my wife changed her surname and we haven't heard back in over 6 months!
I'm not sure about the 'full name corresponds in all documents.' Reason being, the only time my wifes name is different in any of the documents which we have submitted is in the nikah nama where she had her original surname. In everything else, she used my surname.
I explained this in an attached letter to the application on why the name differed on the nikah nama, and then on everything else. I was told this is ok, but as with these small niggles, you never know.

The nikah nama is needed from what I remember to make the I.D card for the spouse in your name, can't remember for the passport. I know we took ours for the I.D card.

If he wants to apply straight away, just use the name which his wife will sign/use on the nikah nama. I think it'll make things much easier, and less to question by the I/O.
You are right because how can she change her name before nikkah nama, the nikkah nama is the evidence for changing the name, when she changes her I.D card they ask for proof of nikkah to change the name.

Apologies for the confusion.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm

TangoMike wrote:You are right because how can she change her name before nikkah nama, the nikkah nama is the evidence for changing the name, when she changes her I.D card they ask for proof of nikkah to change the name.

In the UK you can change name via deed poll. I'm not sure if there is a system like that in Pakistan.

Like I said, a name change shouldn't cause any harm. Keeping the wife's old name will just prevent any other confusion with regards to documentation. Although even then, I'd be skeptical for the I/O to not understand that the name has been changed, and it still infact is the same person. This is why they do bio-metrics/photo i.d etc..

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:30 pm

prayforus wrote:
TangoMike wrote:You are right because how can she change her name before nikkah nama, the nikkah nama is the evidence for changing the name, when she changes her I.D card they ask for proof of nikkah to change the name.

In the UK you can change name via deed poll. I'm not sure if there is a system like that in Pakistan.

Like I said, a name change shouldn't cause any harm. Keeping the wife's old name will just prevent any other confusion with regards to documentation. Although even then, I'd be skeptical for the I/O to not understand that the name has been changed, and it still infact is the same person. This is why they do bio-metrics/photo i.d etc..
Folks thanks for your inputs, I clearly understand that spouse's name can change only after nikaah and nikaah nama is essential for making the I.D card, passport is made through the I.D card only (nikah nama is not needed).

What about the A1 English test? what sort of ID is required to take the test? would sponsor's ID be required or just the applicant's passport in her original name would be sufficient?

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:19 pm

tallojani wrote: Folks thanks for your inputs, I clearly understand that spouse's name can change only after nikaah and nikaah nama is essential for making the I.D card, passport is made through the I.D card only (nikah nama is not needed).

What about the A1 English test? what sort of ID is required to take the test? would sponsor's ID be required or just the applicant's passport in her original name would be sufficient?
Hi,

My wife gave her I.D card for proof of identification. However, because her passport was getting made, she was given a piece of paper with her passport number on it. She took this along to the A1 english test as well as her I.D card. So you would need both forms of identification. Rather play safe in that sense.

- Apparently, there is a A1 english test where you can get the results in 2 weeks (according to my wife). For this you need both forms of I.D (nadra/passport).

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Recently i sent an email to the UKBA ccomplaining about the lengthy time it has taken for my husbands case; today i got the following email:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email regarding your husband’s application. Unfortunately, the delay in spousal applications has bee due to an on going High Court judgement which is being contested by the Hoe Office. The hearing for the appeal has been set for March 2014 after which processing of the applications will commence.

We apologise for this delay.

Kind regards
Complaints team

Does this mean I will have to wait until March the email isn't very clear!!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:37 pm

That's a rather confusing and not clear cut reply. It seems as if they're saying that, any applications which are sent now will not be processed until after the high court judgement. That's how I've read it.

I would get in touch with your local MP, to contact them. Clearly ask, why your application hasn't been processed with the extra info you have submitted, and ask what the actual status of it is.

That is quite a shocking reply.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm

prayforus wrote:That's a rather confusing and not clear cut reply. It seems as if they're saying that, any applications which are sent now will not be processed until after the high court judgement. That's how I've read it.

I would get in touch with your local MP, to contact them. Clearly ask, why your application hasn't been processed with the extra info you have submitted, and ask what the actual status of it is.

That is quite a shocking reply.
It is very confusing!! Thats what i thought when i read it at first!

Hopefully on Monday i will call up my MP and ask them to question this!