ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Airport Arrivals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Airport Arrivals

Post by samitar7367 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Dear all, I have Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. Which queue am I entitled to join at the airport on arrival to the UK?

• British and member states of the EU or the EEA passport holders
• Or, other passport holders, the non-EU queue.

Thanks in advance for your help
Sami

peppekalle

Re: Airport Arrivals

Post by peppekalle » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:05 pm

I am afraid till you get british citizenship you have to queue in the non eu line.

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:52 pm

peppekalle wrote:I am afraid till you get british citizenship you have to queue in the non eu line.
Hi peppekalle, this is very confusing, a number of airports, such as Manchester Airport, say on their websites: "if you are resident in the UK and there is no time limit on your residency (Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain) and you have fully completed your landing card or if you hold a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the UK, you can use the EU queue". Please see the following link: http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manw ... t/Arriving
I am not yet clear about this. There does not seem to be a common agreement on this!

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:53 pm

peppekalle wrote:I am afraid till you get british citizenship you have to queue in the non eu line.
Hi peppekalle, this is very confusing, a number of airports, such as Manchester Airport, say on their websites: "if you are resident in the UK and there is no time limit on your residency (Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain) and you have fully completed your landing card or if you hold a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the UK, you can use the EU queue". Please see the following link: http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manw ... t/Arriving
I am not yet clear about this. There does not seem to be a common agreement on this!

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:18 pm

There seems to be a technical problem, my reply to your message is posted several times! I am sorry.

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 pm

samitar7367 wrote:
There seems to be a technical problem, my reply to your message is posted several times! I am sorry.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:27 pm

You're right - there's no common agreement.

So you've got a choice: Present yourself and your landing card, in the UK/EU queue ... hope there's no issue, but be prepared to be sent to the international queue. Join the international queue first time round.

You're not going to get put back on a plane for being in the wrong queue - you should just expect to be sent to the other queue and told off at worst.

M.

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 pm

MPH80 wrote:You're right - there's no common agreement.

So you've got a choice: Present yourself and your landing card, in the UK/EU queue ... hope there's no issue, but be prepared to be sent to the international queue. Join the international queue first time round.

You're not going to get put back on a plane for being in the wrong queue - you should just expect to be sent to the other queue and told off at worst.

M.
Thanks for your reply MPH80

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:30 am

I always Que in line where there is less people. Before christmas when i was coming coming back to UK from Europe tour EU/UK line was full but International line was completely empty 3/4 people ( in Stansted ) so went there . They didn't say anything to me. I hold EU family member resident card.

other time I stand in UK/EU line in the Heathrow and they didn't say anything why i'm queuing here with NON EU passport.

So i don't think it really matter
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 am

askmeplz82 wrote:I always Que in line where there is less people. Before christmas when i was coming coming back to UK from Europe tour EU/UK line was full but International line was completely empty 3/4 people ( in Stansted ) so went there . They didn't say anything to me. I hold EU family member resident card.

other time I stand in UK/EU line in the Heathrow and they didn't say anything why i'm queuing here with NON EU passport.

Thanks for your message askmeplz82. I also think it is fine to use the EU queue if someone is resident in the UK and there is no time limit on his/her residency (Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain). As MPH80 said earlier, in the worst-case scenario, I should just expect to be sent to the other queue!

mustafa.hamdani

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:20 am

samitar7367 wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:I always Que in line where there is less people. Before christmas when i was coming coming back to UK from Europe tour EU/UK line was full but International line was completely empty 3/4 people ( in Stansted ) so went there . They didn't say anything to me. I hold EU family member resident card.

Thanks for your message askmeplz82. I also think it is fine to use the EU queue if someone is resident in the UK and there is no time limit on his/her residency (Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain). As MPH80 said earlier, in the worst-case scenario, I should just expect to be sent to the other queue!
@samitar7367 I arrived at heathrow London few of days ago and I've ILR but I just used non-EU queue and no one said any thing to me at all. Just sharing my experience :)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:31 pm

I have twice used the BP queue in 2013 as I was accompanying two BP minors. No questions asked. that was heathrow.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me :)

Chancee
Newly Registered

Post by Chancee » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:36 am

I wish to share my experience I landed on stansted airport I joined non eu desk and when lady on desk check my passport asked me why I m in this desk I should join the EU cue as I hold permeant resistance card.she was not happy about it she did not send me back to EU line but she start asking question and how I get this permanent residence card and where is my EU wife I told her she is not living in UK any more. She replied I need to be care full with that coz I have gained the permanent residence with marriage and she need to b in UK.

samitar7367
Newly Registered

Post by samitar7367 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:39 am

Chancee wrote:I wish to share my experience I landed on stansted airport I joined non eu desk and when lady on desk check my passport asked me why I m in this desk I should join the EU cue as I hold permeant resistance card.she was not happy about it she did not send me back to EU line but she start asking question and how I get this permanent residence card and where is my EU wife I told her she is not living in UK any more. She replied I need to be care full with that coz I have gained the permanent residence with marriage and she need to b in UK.
Hi @Chancee, your experience is very interesting! Thanks for sharing it with us.