ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does M.Sc. Degree (Pakistan) requires the IELTS ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mehpk

does M.Sc. Degree (Pakistan) requires the IELTS ??

Post by mehpk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Dear All

Can any one tell, that do we need to have to pass the IELTS if we have the M.Sc. (4 years) degree from Pakistan??

regards

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:33 pm

meh if u can tell which insitute u did it from pakistan,so if u explain i can try to give u an idea.

mehpk

Karachi University

Post by mehpk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:35 pm

It was from Karachi University and it was in Physics.

thanks brother for your help

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: does M.Sc. Degree (Pakistan) requires the IELTS ??

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:32 pm

FYI
Sometimes ago a guy have posted he passed MEng degree from UK universities (which take 4 years) got rejected because can not satisfy Language requirement.

Pantaiema
mehpk wrote:Dear All

Can any one tell, that do we need to have to pass the IELTS if we have the M.Sc. (4 years) degree from Pakistan??

regards

mehpk

4 years after F.Sc.

Post by mehpk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:36 pm

Dear pantaiema

This M.Sc. Degree is 4 years, it comprises on 3 years of B.Sc. (hons) and 1 year of M.Sc. after F.Sc. Do you still think i need to go for IELTS??

regards

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:46 pm

What does your official degree cert have on it? M.Sc. or B.Sc.?

If your degree cert has only M.Sc., you will require IELTS. The bloke who got rejected with his M.Eng., which was granted in the same fashion as your degree, was a graduate of Oxford Brookes Uni. Even as a graduate of a British university(!) he must take IELTS and reapply for HSMP with the full fee.

Yes, it's absolutely stupid and ridiculous. But it is what it is.

mehpk

2 Degrees

Post by mehpk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Dear all

I have 2 degrees one is B.Sc. (Hons) 3 years and the other one is M.Sc 1 year. so still i have to go for IELTS??

regards

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:20 pm

You won't need to get the IELTS score if you otherwise obtain a letter form your undergraduate institution indicating that the BSc was conferred on you on x date, and that the courses for that BSc were given in English. But the letter has to refer to your BSc, not your MSc, or it won't serve the purpose.

AG

mehpk

What degree to show

Post by mehpk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:12 pm

Dear All

If I present the B.Sc. (hons) 3 years degree to NAIR then would it be considered for the UK Bachelor degree?? and would i be able to claim the UK Bachelor degree points??

Also can any one tell the difference between the UK Bachelor (ORIDNARY) / STANDARD / HONS??

regards

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:29 pm

You should check with NARIC to see whether your BSc is equivalent to the UK BA/BSc, to claim 30 points, and, if you need the points, whether your MSc is considered equivalent to the UK master's degree and therefore could garner you an additional five points. It does not appear to make any difference whether your bachelor's degree is honours or ordinary; they are considered equal for these purposes, but you will need to separate the BSc from the MSc in order to demonstrate English proficiency, as proficiency can only be demonstrated at the undergraduate level.

AG

mehpk

Post by mehpk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:37 pm

Dear gordon

Thanks for your time brother.

Well if suppose NAIR doesnt certify my B.Sc. hons 3 years degree to UK Bachelor degree, then can i re-apply with my M.Sc. Degree??

And will it make any effect on my hsmp that i went twice to NAIR to get the equivaent bachelor degree of uk??

regards

amberw

Post by amberw » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:37 pm

I think u should send both ur bsc and Msc degree to Naric and also claim points on ur Master degree for HSMP. Secondly for english language requirement u should get the letter from the institute from where u did ur BSC(3 year) degree.
hope it will help.
thanks
amber

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:46 pm

mehpk

I think the integral point is that you'll need NARIC to document that the BSc is equivalent to the UK BA/BSc. I don't know what the outcome would be on the English language requirement if you submitted a letter documenting English proficiency from the university, based on an otherwise unrecognised BSc.

I'm not sure how NARIC works, so I can't say whether you can get recognition for both degrees in one fell swoop, but I can't see that it would make a difference to the HSMP team how many times you consulted NARIC.

AG

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:44 pm

mehpk

If NARIC does not recognise your BSc degree comparable to UK bachelors then you can not use your BSc certificate as evidence of english language. Even if you get letter from your university explaining that your BSc course is in english. Be careful about this

Pantaiema

mehpk wrote:Dear gordon

Thanks for your time brother.

Well if suppose NAIR doesnt certify my B.Sc. hons 3 years degree to UK Bachelor degree, then can i re-apply with my M.Sc. Degree??

And will it make any effect on my hsmp that i went twice to NAIR to get the equivaent bachelor degree of uk??

regards

mehpk

question

Post by mehpk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:01 pm

Dear pantaiema

Thanks for your reply.

I have qeustion.

As i have B.Sc hons and M.Sc degree, and following are the scenarios

1- NARIC certify my B.Sc. hons as UK Bachelor and M.Sc. as UK Master, then still i need to do IELTS?? or on the B.Sc basis i dont need to do the IELTS??

2- NARIC certify only my M.Sc. as UK Bachelor, then do i need to do IELTS??

regards

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:37 pm

Dear Mehpk,

I suggest go for IELTS and don't think of any 2nd option.

I'm from Islamabad and one of my friend has got approved initial HSMP based on degree taught in english without IELTS BUT got rejected EC and rejection reason is that no IELTS report is submitted and they suggested him to go for IELTS and then apply.

Anyway decision is yours.

Thanks,
JD

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 pm

Meh DO IELTS ITS BETTER.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: question

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:31 pm

1. If NARIC confimr your BSc is comparable to UK Bachelor then In theory, U could use a letter form your uni confirm that your BS is taught in english. BUT, thye could still reject U based on the wordings of the letter from your uni. There are quite a few cases have been reported about this

2. Yes (because it is your Msc not your BSc)

Pantaiema
mehpk wrote:Dear pantaiema

Thanks for your reply.

I have qeustion.

As i have B.Sc hons and M.Sc degree, and following are the scenarios

1- NARIC certify my B.Sc. hons as UK Bachelor and M.Sc. as UK Master, then still i need to do IELTS?? or on the B.Sc basis i dont need to do the IELTS??

2- NARIC certify only my M.Sc. as UK Bachelor, then do i need to do IELTS??

regards

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:15 pm

mehpk, I don't understand your reluctance to do the IELTS. It's the sure thing for success. Are you concerned about the costs, or worried you will not get the result? Perhaps some other forum members can help with your anxiety?

ball1333 (<--native English speaker, no experience of IELTS or TOEFL)

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:34 pm

It is not difficult to get overall 6 band in IELTS some preparation and tips, even if you are not very good with english.

I can help you with some tips, websites and material for IELTS. I'm from Islamabad Pakistan.

Thanks,
JD