ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa and 10 year long residency

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

libby

visitor visa and 10 year long residency

Post by libby » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi guys

So i have been a dependant of my mum for nearly 9 years now (been here since 2005) and we both qualify for ilr in 2015 God willing and the route is still in place by then as you never can tell with the UKBA lol. My question is, are visitor visas counted as part of the 10 year lawful residence? I came initially as a visitor before switching to a dependant of my mum and have only been out of the country trice and spent no more than 2 weeks for each. 

Thanks and merry christmas! :)

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: visitor visa and 10 year long residency

Post by quantum1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Yes. Visitor visa counts towards lawful residence
The author of this post is not an immigration expert. Any statements made are commentary personal opinions and should not be construed as advice.