ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KOLL is killing me

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kewlsatya
Newly Registered

KOLL is killing me

Post by kewlsatya » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Applying for AN for self and wife. Have got ILR in 2012.
Also have a NARIC equivalent for myself (no ELA).

For Self:
Do I now need to get the ELA for myself from NARIC? I've read posts saying that just the printout from PBS calculator should do. But what it says on the UKBA website is:
"A printout from the points-based calculator confirming the equivalent level of your degree and the level of English"
The PBS just awards 10 points for English skills.

How does one get the "Degree was taught in English" letter sitting here? This is after 15 years of passing out from a college in a city where I do not have any relatives/friends now.

For Wife:
She was on a Tier 1 dependant and now on ILR.
I guess for here, I will have to get the NARIC equivalence for degree as well as english language (ELA). Or would it also suffice for her if the qualification is recognized on the PBS calculator.

This is just a spanner in the works by UKBA. When they thought my level of english was commensurate at tier 1 or ILR, why at AN stage they think i have suddenly regressed???

HSMPLOCHA

Re: KOLL is killing me

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:49 pm

VR

Re: KOLL is killing me

Post by VR » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:10 pm

kewlsatya,

You are not alone in wondering what the hell is going on? Earlier they had avenues to go to third world countries and loot and pillage and build the smashing victorian castles and roads and monuments and impose taxes at will.

Today KARMA/history has come back to haunt them.People are arriving in droves to do to them what they did to others! (I cant help but see the Irony of the outry against invading ROMA).

Its another stealth tax on a small minority. Get the requirements over with and try to reclaim the ''Tax''(I am sure you can find a way or two). LOL Indirectly they seem to acknowledge that UK has regressed beyond redemption and at the time you entered your English was of a High standard , after 5years you were close to becoming a Brit (In English Language terms) i.e. like Jade goody who did not know where Cumbria was!!
cheers
vr