ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are benefits of EU permanent residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

What are benefits of EU permanent residency

Post by CheGuevara » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:16 pm

I know one can be out of the country for 2 years, no need for five years. But please what are the other benefits with regards traveling around the EU, moving from country.. Please can anyone list the positives of having permanent residency.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: What are benefits of EU permanent residency

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:02 am

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CheGuevara » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:25 am

chaoclive wrote:Google is great....
http://www.key2europe.com/en/Advantages ... nts-Permit
It's not explicit

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:06 am

No-one else is going to reply to this kind of question...

Good luck with your hunt.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:32 pm

No benefit of Permanent residence for EU nationals except mental satisfaction but it is very important for non-EU nationals who have to struggle for it.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:43 pm

The benefit is that in your struggle to be with your loved one you come across forums like this and dont feel so alone and scared.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:21 am

Have a look at the following link: http://www.permanentresident.co.uk/

the main benefits really are :
1- have full access to the benefits system.
2- if you have a child, then the child will be automatically British.
3- less hassle when entering UK via airports.
4- you can apply for naturalization after 1 year from obtaining your PR ( or straight if you married to a BC).

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:48 am

@southwest1
unfortunately the link you reading and presenting here is actually for non-eu national which i already mentioned earlier. These benefits are for non-eu national.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 am

chaoclive wrote:No-one else is going to reply to this kind of question...

For one who asks so many questions, isn't this a little presumptuous?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:58 am

CheGuevara wrote:I know one can be out of the country for 2 years, no need for five years. But please what are the other benefits with regards traveling around the EU, moving from country.. Please can anyone list the positives of having permanent residency.
The benefits are specified in the directive, i.e. that the conditions specified in chapter III no longer apply - no need to be a worker, self-sufficient person, student, etc. The precise advantages that the holder of permanent residence would be entitled to would vary between member states. As the UK is not in Schengen zone, the holder would only be entitled to visa-free travel if accompanying or joining EU family member.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:04 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
chaoclive wrote:No-one else is going to reply to this kind of question...

For one who asks so many questions, isn't this a little presumptuous?
I don't see what this question asks that can't be found elsewhere on the Internet. If I am missing something, please point it out. RE: This post: I searched for 30 seconds on Google and came up with the link which I sent first in reply to this post. Another 30 seconds would have revealed your points from the Directive.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:27 am

There are many people who ask questions that can be answered if they took the trouble to research elsewhere. There are many people who ask the same type of question over and over again, which is why we've got FAQs in the stickies section.

At the end of the day, all questions are easy to answer if one knows the answer. If one feels that a question is not worth the effort in answering, perhaps, it's better not to post anything and ignore it.

CheGuevara
- thin ice -
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CheGuevara » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:There are many people who ask questions that can be answered if they took the trouble to research elsewhere. There are many people who ask the same type of question over and over again, which is why we've got FAQs in the stickies section.

At the end of the day, all questions are easy to answer if one knows the answer. If one feels that a question is not worth the effort in answering, perhaps, it's better not to post anything and ignore it.
Research what - there is no information out there apart from basic info..the links provided have not provided any new info. just thought that there might be more info due to court cases and case laws hence the question.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:35 pm

CheGuevara wrote:
Research what - there is no information out there apart from basic info..the links provided have not provided any new info. just thought that there might be more info due to court cases and case laws hence the question.
Posters can sometimes help others by trying to ask specific questions pertaining to their status. General questions may not prompt the response desired.

I don't have any more information other that what I'd posted.

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:@southwest1
unfortunately the link you reading and presenting here is actually for non-eu national which i already mentioned earlier. These benefits are for non-eu national.

To be honest, the OP asked a general question and might applies for both non- EU & EU nationals. the difference is that the latter can claim benefits straight after like few weeks in UK.
bottom line any one who applies for a PR, whether EU and non EU, ultimately looking to be naturalised British.

thanks any way