ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time off to look after Twins

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Doo

Time off to look after Twins

Post by Doo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 am

Dear Gururs and members ,

I am a holder of 5 year RC since July 2012 , my wife ( EU )work part time job and earn 20k+ as a pharmacist . now she is pregnant and we are expecting Twins June 2014 , and she is planing to take time off to look after out babies .

my question is : how this will affect my right to get the PR , and the fact that i couldn't secure a job till now will it generally affect my situation ? and if i will get a job and give me wife each month certain amount of money , can that make her considered as self sufficient ?

Looking forward for your answer

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Time off to look after Twins

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:21 am

Is your wife employed? If she takes time off to look after children, she may still be employed. There is a sticky topic above which might interest you.

Should your wife cease to be employed, it would be possible for her to be a self-sufficient person relying on your income if necessary. Sickness insurance would be required.

Doo

Post by Doo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:29 am

Thank you EUsmileWEalsmile for your quick reply ,

my wife is still employed , she will get income 6 weeks after labor , and then her company can give her 1 year period if she would like to return to work , if not she have to apply as a new jobseeker if she want to be back to her company .

regarding the point where i provide her with Financial support , is there a minimum amount to consider ? and how to apply for sickness Insurance , and when it is best to apply for ?

Thank you again

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:34 am

Did you read through the sticky?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 19478.html

Basically, if your wife remains an employee, there will be no problem.

If income you earn is sufficient for you all to live on, it would be fine. I have no experience of insurance, but you may find by searching the forum, others will have posted useful information.

Doo

Post by Doo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:11 pm

Yes i did read it , anyway thank you so much for your reply , i hope to get a job before my babies will born :(