ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 SOC CODE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hassan Ray
Newly Registered

Tier 2 SOC CODE

Post by Hassan Ray » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi,

Currently I'm on PSW expiring soon but I'm currently in a job working since March and the organisation is willing to sponsor me under Tier 2.

My job title is International Student Advisor. At the moment we are looking into SOC codes where my job best fits in. I mainly deal with International Student Welfare and Immigration Advice. I look after the International students whilst they are in the UK.

We have thought of using the SOC code 2449 Welfare Professionals.

The job description matches this sort code up to 50% I think. Does anyone else have any other suggestion for this kind of work and SOC Code?

Many thanks in advance.

amerikate
Newly Registered

Post by amerikate » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi Hassan -- have you had any progress with this question? I'm on PSW as well. I've been an International Student Advisor in London for two years now. My company found out from a solicitor that my role does not qualify for the SOC code they thought it would -- 2319 Teaching & Other Educational Professionals. I've since looked through the codes myself and thought that the code you're suggesting is a much better fit for the job role. Have you had any updates yourself? I'd be curious to know! :)

Hassan Ray
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 SOC CODE

Post by Hassan Ray » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi Amerikate,

Sorry for the late reply. Did you get your Tier 2 sorted?

y_antria
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 SOC CODE

Post by y_antria » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Hi There!

I am international student adviser as well. Can you please tell me if you were able to get a TIER 2 and which SOC codes did you use?
Your reply will be highly appreciated