ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by CrystalNewbie » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:43 am

nazreen12 wrote:Hi just want to share with you guys my appeal has been allowed application was base on 7 years rules.
this forum has been amazing.
This is great news ...congratulations. Please share your story as I have also just put in my appeal last week. I t would be great to know what sorts of questions you were asked (am sure its dependent on case - but useful none the less) and the laws and cases you used to argue your points. Also sent you a message - check your inbox.

nazreen12

Post by nazreen12 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:28 am

HI Guys it was a long battle the application was made in June 2012 refused in July 2013 and i lodged the appeal and the hearing was in December 2013. my husbands ,me and my children were lawfully when we made the application in the uk .the application were made base on 7 year rules.my solicitor went for additional ground in the tribunal as my husband completed his 10 years long residency before HO refused the application. The reason for the refusal that my husband has not been living in the uk for 20 years without taking any consideration of my children.The judge allowed the appeal under the immigration rules and for me and my children article 8 ECHR. Thats means the HO has to give my husband indefinite leave to remain me and my chidren will get visa.finger cross HO dont challenge the decision as i have 5 days to wait.hopefully the battle will b over soon.I wish everybody who is waiting goodluck its very stressing but at the end we will win the HO who takes people life for granted.

TurboA
Newly Registered

Post by TurboA » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:55 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
TurboA wrote:An update on my FLRO application as unmarried partner with British child and british step child. I just received a request for more information from HO . They requested for my partners passport and proof of address for both of us covering about 8 months. We have lived together for 18 months and not the required 2 years. Does this mean that they want to grant me? I kind of believe they would have just refused because we don't meet the 2 years, instead of asking for more info. The period for which they asked is during the time I claimed we lived together.please share your experience, does request for more information normally mean you have a good chance of being granted leave? Thank you.
Timeline
Applied 25/11/13
Acc letter 02/12/13
Biometric done 5/12/13
Request for more info 31/12/13
Based on the trend we have experienced so far, this is a good sign. Just as long as you can submit to the teeth what was requested off you, you are more than ok. You are almost at the finish line. I believe you have won already. That's a serious time record for an initial application!!!

@Dapsoniee Thank you for your response . You are a light in what seems like a never ending tunnel. I am quite surprised too by the speed my application is being handled and really hope everything turns out ok especially considering I have been in this limbo for 14 years now. However I am somewhat concerned because although my partner has all months requested, I cannot find anything else with my name and address between nov 2012 and march 2013 (therefore can prove 13 months out of 18 months). How bad is this? Any advice?

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:12 pm

TurboA wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
TurboA wrote:An update on my FLRO application as unmarried partner with British child and british step child. I just received a request for more information from HO . They requested for my partners passport and proof of address for both of us covering about 8 months. We have lived together for 18 months and not the required 2 years. Does this mean that they want to grant me? I kind of believe they would have just refused because we don't meet the 2 years, instead of asking for more info. The period for which they asked is during the time I claimed we lived together.please share your experience, does request for more information normally mean you have a good chance of being granted leave? Thank you.
Timeline
Applied 25/11/13
Acc letter 02/12/13
Biometric done 5/12/13
Request for more info 31/12/13
Based on the trend we have experienced so far, this is a good sign. Just as long as you can submit to the teeth what was requested off you, you are more than ok. You are almost at the finish line. I believe you have won already. That's a serious time record for an initial application!!!

@Dapsoniee Thank you for your response . You are a light in what seems like a never ending tunnel. I am quite surprised too by the speed my application is being handled and really hope everything turns out ok especially considering I have been in this limbo for 14 years now. However I am somewhat concerned because although my partner has all months requested, I cannot find anything else with my name and address between nov 2012 and march 2013 (therefore can prove 13 months out of 18 months). How bad is this? Any advice?

Call your bank and request for a bank statement for that period
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

nazreen12

Post by nazreen12 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi could someone please tell me how long it takes for HO to issue the visa after the appeal has been allowed.

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:45 am

@Najreen12 congrats for your visa .could you tell me how long it was taken for your appeal date after homeoffice refused your application. i mean after refusel how many months after you got your appeal date.

Keelo
Newly Registered

Post by Keelo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:28 am

Good morning folks I've been a silent member of this forum and cannot begin to put to words what this wonderful forum has done to keep me sane in my trying periods. Just got a call from my solicitor that I have been granted details to follow soon. Just wanted to post this to give us hope that there's surely a light at the end of the tunnel

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 am

Keelo wrote:Good morning folks I've been a silent member of this forum and cannot begin to put to words what this wonderful forum has done to keep me sane in my trying periods. Just got a call from my solicitor that I have been granted details to follow soon. Just wanted to post this to give us hope that there's surely a light at the end of the tunnel
Congratulations keelo. What a way to start off a Monday. We wait on your case details. Do enjoy that hard earned freedom. Happy new year!!!

I thank God for the flow of successful home office defeats and may the good lord continue to allow this through Christ our lord.
Last edited by dapsonlee on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 am

dapsonlee wrote:
Keelo wrote:Good morning folks I've been a silent member of this forum and cannot begin to put to words what this wonderful forum has done to keep me sane in my trying periods. Just got a call from my solicitor that I have been granted details to follow soon. Just wanted to post this to give us hope that there's surely a light at the end of the tunnel
Congratulations keelo. What a way to start off a Monday. We wait on your case details. Do enjoy that hard warned freedom. Happy new year!!!

I thank God for the flow of successful home office defeats and may the good lord continue to allow this through Christ our lord.
Congratulations keelo. Good news on Monday morning what a great way to start the week.
More good news on the way

dapsonlee Amen o
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nazreen12

Post by nazreen12 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 am

@Tinapalak it took me 5 month after the refusal to get a hearing date.just need to wait for 5 days more now hopefully HO wont appeal the decision of the judge.Then waiting to get the money refund and visa from HO.Hope the waiting games will be over soon.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:08 am

Morning guys!

@Keelo, Congratulations!!!! Well done! Do come back with the juicy details when you get a mo!!!

@Nazreen12 Congratulations on your appeal hun, but could someone explain something to me....
When you say your appeal was allowed, does it mean you still have to go for the hearing isnt it? Or is HO willing to settle things out of court in your case? Sorry if Im just being thick like :oops:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:26 am

verbina wrote:Morning guys!

@Keelo, Congratulations!!!! Well done! Do come back with the juicy details when you get a mo!!!

@Nazreen12 Congratulations on your appeal hun, but could someone explain something to me....
When you say your appeal was allowed, does it mean you still have to go for the hearing isnt it? Or is HO willing to settle things out of court in your case? Sorry if Im just being thick like :oops:
Morning Verbz,

I believe when it is allowed, does not mean the case has been won, it only means the judge believes the caseworker has overlooked the facts and application was not dealt with in proper manner. The case is then looked again but for a limited period. And if home office still believes they made the right decision, they can appeal against the decision but if they don't within the time specified, then the case is in favor of the appellant.

I believe that's how I understand it. Read it here to better understand the response I gathered from "freedom of information" site.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... er_allowed

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 am

@Dapsonlee thanks darl, yeah thats pretty much what I thought, but just needed to double check.
So in case of Nazreen12 here, it means HO have 5 more days to contest the judge's decision and if they dont, then visa will be granted then... Cool! Well done Nazreen!!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 am

verbina wrote:@Dapsonlee thanks darl, yeah thats pretty much what I thought, but just needed to double check.
So in case of Nazreen12 here, it means HO have 5 more days to contest the judge's decision and if they dont, then visa will be granted then... Cool! Well done Nazreen!!
Absolutely yes. It is unlikely they will appeal given the time frame and the cost involve.
Nazreen12 congratulations again
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Keelo
Newly Registered

Post by Keelo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:54 am

I've been granted 30 months leave to remain and picked my BRP as well from my solicitor it was dated 02/01/2014 now here's my story will have to apologise in advance for any errors cos my hands are shaking.

I came into the the country April 2008 on a 6 months visitors visa, overstayed obviously and was working illegally was caught with a fake passport in July 2009 remanded for 6 weeks then granted bail and ordered to be reprorting to the HO by the court after 3 months case was admonished and dismissed after pleading guilty. Then girlfriend now wife got pregnant and early 2010 made an flro application and was denied without any appeal. Solicitor asked for reconsideration and HO agreed to reconsider September 2010 and we heard absolutely nothing even when intervened by MP. Got married July 2011 and submitted further evidence still no answer from HO

Then August last year after the birth of my son (baby number 2) we sought help from a different solicitor which advised to write a PAP letter and threaten judicial review which my solicitor did then HO replied and advised they are only considering information submitted with initial application that if my circumstance has changed that I should make a fresh application. Which I did sometimes in September last year and I received a bio letter 17th of October and sometimes In first week of December they wrote again requesting for further information like bills, letters and what nots and also my wife and children's British passport and we packaged everything and sent it away on the 13th of December. Then my solicitor called this morning that I has been granted

I know story is a bit confusing but the moral of the story is pls my people don't ever give up and never stop believing in God cos if he can provide for the birds of the earth how come us that he made in his own image and pls don't hesitate to ask any questions I'm more than happy to clarify. Good luck to all those that are still waiting your time shall come ...

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Keelo wrote:
I've been granted 30 months leave to remain and picked my BRP as well from my solicitor it was dated 02/01/2014 now here's my story will have to apologise in advance for any errors cos my hands are shaking.

I came into the the country April 2008 on a 6 months visitors visa, overstayed obviously and was working illegally was caught with a bad quality passport in July 2009 remanded for 6 weeks then granted bail and ordered to be reprorting to the HO by the court after 3 months case was admonished and dismissed after pleading guilty. Then girlfriend now wife got pregnant and early 2010 made an flro application and was denied without any appeal. Solicitor asked for reconsideration and HO agreed to reconsider September 2010 and we heard absolutely nothing even when intervened by MP. Got married July 2011 and submitted further evidence still no answer from HO

Then August last year after the birth of my son (baby number 2) we sought help from a different solicitor which advised to write a PAP letter and threaten judicial review which my solicitor did then HO replied and advised they are only considering information submitted with initial application that if my circumstance has changed that I should make a fresh application. Which I did sometimes in September last year and I received a bio letter 17th of October and sometimes In first week of December they wrote again requesting for further information like bills, letters and what nots and also my wife and children's British passport and we packaged everything and sent it away on the 13th of December. Then my solicitor called this morning that I has been granted

I know story is a bit confusing but the moral of the story is pls my people don't ever give up and never stop believing in God cos if he can provide for the birds of the earth how come us that he made in his own image and pls don't hesitate to ask any questions I'm more than happy to clarify. Good luck to all those that are still waiting your time shall come ...
What seem like a "mess" to us is always a "message" from God and all "tests" with faith turns out to be a "testimony". You have been blessed sir! God bless you for instilling hope into us again! Congrats once again!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Keelo wrote:

I came into the the country April 2008 on a 6 months visitors visa, overstayed obviously and was working illegally was caught with a bad quality passport in July 2009 remanded for 6 weeks then granted bail and ordered to be reprorting to the HO by the court after 3 months case was admonished and dismissed after pleading guilty. Then girlfriend now wife got pregnant and early 2010 made an flro application and was denied without any appeal. Solicitor asked for reconsideration and HO agreed to reconsider September 2010 and we heard absolutely nothing even when intervened by MP. Got married July 2011 and submitted further evidence still no answer from HO

Oh babe! Thank you so much for taking your time to register and share this wonderful story with us!! It totally gives those of us with similar backgrounds :wink: hope!!!
All the best for you and your family! Stay Blessed!!

nazreen12

Post by nazreen12 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:44 pm

@verbina ya you have to go to the hearing and the judge decide if the appeal should b allowed or dismissed.In my case the appeal has been allowed.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:48 pm

nazreen12 wrote:@verbina ya you have to go to the hearing and the judge decide if the appeal should b allowed or dismissed.In my case the appeal has been allowed.
Right I got it!! Thank you!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Keelo wrote:

Hello everybody! - Congrats Keelo, Thanks and Amen Dapsonlee
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

MissA
Newly Registered

Post by MissA » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:07 pm

I'd like to congratulate everyone on the forum who has been granted in 2014, it is the most wonderful start to the new year. Can I just ask those with experience in dealing with the ukba to advise me, my partner has applied as an unmarried partner as the kids and I are all british.
Ukba hAs requested more info from us, just letters in our names as our solicitor never sent much, we have the documents to send tho. My million dollar question is, is it a sign that if we give them these documents they would grant him? At what stage do they decide to request documents, is it when they kind of decide that you have a good case? I am out of my mind with worry, I cannot sleep or eat properly. I just want this nightmare to end, I am studying full time And partner looks after the kids, he however has a degree from a uk university and is doing a masters, our situation has shamed us throughout, partner wakes up and have no job to go to every every day, we get dodgy looks from our neighbours who am sure are wondering why we don't work, pls pls advise, from your own experience do they request info when they want to grant? Or it's after looking through and seeing that they can grant if you provide what they ask. Any reply welcome and thanks

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:08 pm

MissA wrote:I'd like to congratulate everyone on the forum who has been granted in 2014, it is the most wonderful start to the new year. Can I just ask those with experience in dealing with the ukba to advise me, my partner has applied as an unmarried partner as the kids and I are all british.
Ukba hAs requested more info from us, just letters in our names as our solicitor never sent much, we have the documents to send tho. My million dollar question is, is it a sign that if we give them these documents they would grant him? At what stage do they decide to request documents, is it when they kind of decide that you have a good case? I am out of my mind with worry, I cannot sleep or eat properly. I just want this nightmare to end, I am studying full time And partner looks after the kids, he however has a degree from a uk university and is doing a masters, our situation has shamed us throughout, partner wakes up and have no job to go to every every day, we get dodgy looks from our neighbours who am sure are wondering why we don't work, pls pls advise, from your own experience do they request info when they want to grant? Or it's after looking through and seeing that they can grant if you provide what they ask. Any reply welcome and thanks
I could be wrong but I have never experienced it on this Forum that they request for more info and then go ahead and refuse an application. I would like to extend my congratulations in advance. As for the eye-balling neighbours I'm sure they can take up plane spotting or trainspotting if they are that observant rather than give your family the dirty looks... sad people! Good luck to your Husband.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:19 pm

MissA wrote:I'd like to congratulate everyone on the forum who has been granted in 2014, it is the most wonderful start to the new year. Can I just ask those with experience in dealing with the ukba to advise me, my partner has applied as an unmarried partner as the kids and I are all british.

Totally understand how you are feeling, Im over analysing everything myself at the mo. The truth is if they were to refuse him, they could've done it right away, so when asking for additional docs it definitely shows they are inclined to grant him. And almost everyone on here had been granted very soon after sending off additional docs. Except the only person , as far as I can remember @Nilemarques, sadly his application was still refused .
(The reason I remember is that I have also been asked to provide additional docs about a month ago, so I was trying to analyse it myself and I went back and re-read this entire thread just to see if every single applicant had been granted after HO additional docs request.)
So overall its looking very positive and hopefully you will be getting a good decision soon! Please try and not worry yourself too much! Good luck!

broken321
Newly Registered

Post by broken321 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi all I have been lurking for a while and have not plucked up the courage to join.

heres my story its very long so will try to simplify it.....

Came as a visitor and then renewed as a student for 4 years after that I was refused but as I was young I did not chase up. come 2013 I applied as a wife of BC who I have been with for 8 years applied under aged 18 or over but under 25. my whole family are here on visas or as bc. Application was submitted, i did my biometrics and then they requested documents for every year i have been here i was unable to supply 1 year when i was under 18 due to not having all my stuff. however months prior and after that year were provided/ I have been refused on the basis that i do not have children so though it would be difficult to move back to my home country it is not unreasonable ( its very difficult and unreasonable as i left as a kid and do not have any family at all there). my solicitor has advised that we send a reconsideration request. I had never heard of this and there do not seem to be a lot of information on this apart from those saying a reconsideration was sent and ignored. What do you guys think is best reconsideration or new flr o? only thing is on a new one i no longer fit the under 25 category?

Thank you for your help and answers.
God Bless

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:07 pm

[quote="verbina"][quote="MissA"]I'd like to congratulate everyone on the forum who has been granted in 2014, it is the most wonderful start to the new year. Can I just ask those with experience in dealing with the ukba to advise me, my partner has applied as an unmarried partner as the kids and I are all british.
Ukba hAs requested more info from us, just letters in our names as our solicitor never sent much, we have the documents to send tho. My million dollar question is, is it a sign that if we give them these documents they would grant him? At what stage do they decide to request documents, is it when they kind of decide that you have a good case? I am out of my mind with worry, I cannot sleep or eat properly. I just want this nightmare to end, I am studying full time And partner looks after the kids, he however has a degree from a uk university and is doing a masters, our situation has shamed us throughout, partner wakes up and have no job to go to every every day, we get dodgy looks from our neighbours who am sure are wondering why we don't work, pls pls advise, from your own experience do they request info when they want to grant? Or it's after looking through and seeing that they can grant if you provide what they ask. Any reply welcome and thanks[/quote]

Totally understand how you are feeling, Im over analysing everything myself at the mo. The truth is if they were to refuse him, they could've done it right away, so when asking for additional docs it definitely shows they are inclined to grant him. And almost everyone on here had been granted very soon after sending off additional docs. Except the only person , as far as I can remember @Nilemarques, sadly his application was still refused .
(The reason I remember is that I have also been asked to provide additional docs about a month ago, so I was trying to analyse it myself and I went back and re-read this entire thread just to see if every single applicant had been granted after HO additional docs request.)
So overall its looking very positive and hopefully you will be getting a good decision soon! Please try and not worry yourself too much! Good luck![/quote]

Hi guys!!! Hope you're making the most of the new year!! Big congrats to Keelo. I wish you well and thanks for those wise words.Hopefully we'll see a lot more decisions like those coming our way soon.
@ Verbz, yeah, it seems I may be the only one who was asked for additional docs and then got a refusal. Whilst I don't want to alarm Miss A, the HO have been making decision against married couples or those in a relationships. Can't remember offhand the wording they have been using whilst refusing !! But fingers crossed for Miss A, things will work out.