ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English B1 certificate/proof

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neelammurtaza
Newly Registered

English B1 certificate/proof

Post by neelammurtaza » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Hi there,

Great forums, been following for years through my journey to being a BC from a spouse visa. Only just registered as couldn't find the answer already. I am having to sit either the TOEFL or PET to get B1 but need the results fairly quick (I naively assumed my degree in English would suffice, but apparently 0 points on PBS :S). I would prefer to sit PET as it is cheaper but they take a few weeks to send results. However according to the approved list on UKBA, it says no documentation required? Which leaves me slightly confused as to how they will know I have passed it? Do the test centers give anything? If anyone can clarify this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ayem
Newly Registered

Re: English B1 certificate/proof

Post by ayem » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:35 am

I think u mean PTE, the document says
Applicants must also make their scores available for the Home Office to view on the Pearson on line verification system.
From what I can see they are charging fee of 150£ or around. I gave my test at http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/
The procedure was quick like 10 mins, on time and got my trinity college cert. in 4 days time. Have a look, may help you.

All the best!