ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Son's Irish Passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Devine13
Newly Registered

Son's Irish Passport

Post by Devine13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:11 am

Hello All,

Just a quick question, I want to apply for an Irish Passport of my son who is born in Ireland few weeks ago.

Here is my back ground.

I am a non EU citizen, I was granted 5 years residence card (Stamp 4 EUFam) in 2006 based on marriage to an EU citizen.

I got divorced with my ex EU wife in 2011.

I got retention of my residence card (Stamp 4 EUFam) on my own rights from the DOJ.

I applied for the Permanent Residence card on my own rights which was approved and is valid until 2018.

I got married to my non EU wife in 2013 and have a Son now. My wife is on (Stamp 3) and both are living with me in Ireland.

MY Question

During my Permanent Residence card application, there was a few days gap (not more than 10 days) where i didn't had visa and i was waiting for my application decision, would that be an issue to obtain my Son's Irish passport ?

All together i am on Stamp 4 EUFam since 2006 and my Permanent Residence card is valid until 2018. Since 2006 until now, there was less than 10 days gap where i didn't has visa.

Could someone please clarify that for me please.

Thanks in advance

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Re: Son's Irish Passport

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 pm

You need proof of legal residence in Ireland for three of the four years before the birth. A ten day gap is less than one year, so the child is Irish,if he was born in Ireland.

Simply apply for the Irish passport, with his birth cert showing your name as father and with your proof of legal residence. The ten day gap is ok.
BL

Devine13
Newly Registered

Re: Son's Irish Passport

Post by Devine13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks Brigid from Ireland