ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Residing together for EU1 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Evidence of Residing together for EU1 application

Post by Sunshine86 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm

I am having issues with collecting evidence fr our residence together for EU1 application, here is the situation-

We live with our landlady( quite a nice friendly lady) and another three people in the house. Its a massive house.

We dont have a lease since quite a few people are living in the house so she didnt bother making one for everyone but just one person who has all the bills on his name. Our landlady has just moved back into the house so even she doesnt have any bills on her name.

Shes more than happy to either write us a letter being a landlady or a friend but she doesnt have any bills to prove she lives here. So I think this is a problem as there are no bills are in her name unless I ask her for other evidence like bnk stmts (I dont think she will be able to give us bnk stmts). The person who has bills on his name is not the owner, so I dont know if I could ask him to write us a letter acting as our friend. Besides, we could not both add our names to the bills as companies could not have more than two names on the bill and if we have to get it, they would need new lease and its not straightforward!

So guys what are my options now? Long story I know but

how can I ask from our landlady to prove she lives here with us or if I can ask the other tenant to write us a letter acting as our friend since he has the bills on his name? Pls suggest as I have no idea which will work for us.

I cannot believe that my posts are always least straightforward and most confusing ones.

But thank you everyone for helping me out here!! You all are stars for me.

Thank you in advance.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Evidence of Residing together for EU1 application

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:09 pm

Ask the other tenant to write a letter that you're staying there with him and he's your friend and he's attaching a copy of bill. But for permanent stamp you must show PRTB letter and utility bills on your names...

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:12 pm

The landlady may have moved back into the house because you are asking for documentation. It is likely that she is not registered with the PTRB and there is no need for her to register a tenancy if she lives in the house herself, so that is probably why she has moved back into the house. If she was not living in the house and you made a complaint to PTRB then she would have a big tax bill. Living in the house means she has no tax bill and it also means you cannot complain to PTRB, it also means she can evict all tenants with no notice, as it is her home, not a business, and she has the right to ask people to leave her home on an immediate basis, if she wishes.

It is time to look for alternative accommodation, as if I am correct it will mean she would prefer that you leave. It is not personal, just business problem for her that you need registration with PTRB and she does not do that.
BL

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:03 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:The landlady may have moved back into the house because you are asking for documentation. It is likely that she is not registered with the PTRB and there is no need for her to register a tenancy if she lives in the house herself, so that is probably why she has moved back into the house. If she was not living in the house and you made a complaint to PTRB then she would have a big tax bill. Living in the house means she has no tax bill and it also means you cannot complain to PTRB, it also means she can evict all tenants with no notice, as it is her home, not a business, and she has the right to ask people to leave her home on an immediate basis, if she wishes.

It is time to look for alternative accommodation, as if I am correct it will mean she would prefer that you leave. It is not personal, just business problem for her that you need registration with PTRB and she does not do that.

Hi Brigid

Thank you fr the response and your concern regarding our situation. Our landlady had been talking about moving back for two months even before we moved in. So in my opinion I dont think she is being clever, besides she never said she wont register us with PRTB. She has already registered the property with PRTB.
But I can see your point how she has innocently escaped from paying taxes.

I am not really bothered with what she is upto, I am just trying to collect evidence for my husband and I. We might have some luck with getting our names on the electric bill but I still dont know how can I prove that we stay with our landlady? Would a letter from her be sufficed in this situation?

Thank you