ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interesting ILR query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Notsure07
Newly Registered

Interesting ILR Query

Post by Notsure07 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks olisun.
Consultant means , they just advertise xxx consultants. my good/bad luck, i spoke to him. But not sure , how far they know the rules.

I hope that try would not put me in any problem with my current permit.

Thanks again people.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:28 am

I dont think it will be problem NotSure, as you remember, u tried for shifting the work permit, they said ur new employers permit is rejected but u can continue with the old employer.......

the same way, now (if they think u r not eligible) they r going to say...u r not eligible for the permit bcas of blah ...blah reasons, but u can carry on until ur visa expires........

hope this helps.........
Notsure07 wrote:

I had mentioned(in feb04) saying i was still with the first emPloyer all these troubles would not have come.

This could be the reason why you are allowed to continue. HO assumed that you're still with first employer, they only refused changing your job to second employer.

Under these circumbstances, you worked illegally from Feb 04 until Sep/Oct 05. This is against sprit of your first WP. Assume that if HO allowed you to stay until expiry of your first WP and you used that period to work for the second WP employer (who's application was refused) it will be considered inappropriate. This is applicable if you worked for anybody else.

You could make a subject access and get all info. HO have about you, review and then apply for ILR. You may have to wait for another 45 days!
Dear pass, do you know, how long we can stay if we lost the job when we are on work permit......am asking this because one of my friend had this problem before.........actually he came through some agency and he worked for agencies client and getting paid through the agency.......but after that the client said he is reducing the staff and cut my friends job......but the agency said we will find another client.....so u can wait......but he issued p45 to my friend as he dont want to keep in the payroll with out paying......but the agency was sending him to different interviews and if he can come accross something he said he can join......

in this instance.....
can my friend stay (without getting paid) until his visa expires....is it legal to carry on like that until he find the new job through that agency.......

please comment........

Notsure07
Newly Registered

Interesting ILr query

Post by Notsure07 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi guys,

just to update you.

i sent an email to agent/consultant,who advertised at gumtreet.com

this what he replied....FYI...

We have seen your case and we can advise you on the ILR application. The reason you cannot claim for ILR at the momet is you had to seek fresh entry clearance in Dec2005. Therefore the five years period would be counted from Dec 2005 onwards.

PASS

Post by PASS » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:58 pm

kck9 wrote:I dont think it will be problem NotSure, as you remember, u tried for shifting the work permit, they said ur new employers permit is rejected but u can continue with the old employer.......

the same way, now (if they think u r not eligible) they r going to say...u r not eligible for the permit bcas of blah ...blah reasons, but u can carry on until ur visa expires........

hope this helps.........
Notsure07 wrote:

I had mentioned(in feb04) saying i was still with the first emPloyer all these troubles would not have come.

This could be the reason why you are allowed to continue. HO assumed that you're still with first employer, they only refused changing your job to second employer.

Under these circumbstances, you worked illegally from Feb 04 until Sep/Oct 05. This is against sprit of your first WP. Assume that if HO allowed you to stay until expiry of your first WP and you used that period to work for the second WP employer (who's application was refused) it will be considered inappropriate. This is applicable if you worked for anybody else.

You could make a subject access and get all info. HO have about you, review and then apply for ILR. You may have to wait for another 45 days!
Dear pass, do you know, how long we can stay if we lost the job when we are on work permit......am asking this because one of my friend had this problem before.........actually he came through some agency and he worked for agencies client and getting paid through the agency.......but after that the client said he is reducing the staff and cut my friends job......but the agency said we will find another client.....so u can wait......but he issued p45 to my friend as he dont want to keep in the payroll with out paying......but the agency was sending him to different interviews and if he can come accross something he said he can join......

in this instance.....
can my friend stay (without getting paid) until his visa expires....is it legal to carry on like that until he find the new job through that agency.......

please comment........
This case is different. The agency seems to be your friend's employer (perhaps might have applied for the WP), unless the agency informs HO, they have no chance to know about his current status (even if P45 issued). They might re-employ him based on the existing WP (practically it has become void as soon as P45 issued). Here, the agency is misusing the WP.
Last edited by PASS on Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: Interesting ILr query

Post by olisun » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:51 pm

Notsure07 wrote:The reason you cannot claim for ILR at the momet is you had to seek fresh entry clearance in Dec2005. Therefore the five years period would be counted from Dec 2005 onwards.
This is correct

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:55 am

This case is different. The agency seems to be your friend's employer (perhaps might have applied for the WP), unless the agency informs HO, they have no chance to know about his current status (even if P45 issued). He might re-employ him based on the existing WP (practically it has become void as soon as P45 issued). Here, the agency is misusing the WP.
Thanks for your comment Pass........

So do you think my friend can stay until his agency finds the next client or until he finds next company to process permit etc.........r do u think there will be some problems................

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:39 am

Btw I think this thread should be in the General Immigration forum as it is in no way related to HSMP..