ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship or EEA4 ? or what options I have ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

runie80
Member of Standing

British Citizenship or EEA4 ? or what options I have ?

Post by runie80 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi everyone I am in a bit of a pickle here.I am desperately looking for some help.
would be very grateful if any of you can help and guide me in the right direction.

Me Non EU national = Pakistani
Maried to EU national =Polish
Married April 2007 In Ireland

Moved to UK in November 2007 after Getting my UK EEA family Permit for 6 Months
Both of us Started working in UK

Wife applied for WRS I applied for EEA2

wife was granted WRS after one year of completion of employment 2008
I was granted EEA 2 which valid till may 2014

My wife is not working currently.as she is taking care of our one year old daughter :)

I was working throughout till October 2013. since October I have become self employed and trying to setup my own business.I have claimed housing benefit only since October 2013 till now which is about 4 months.apart from this no other benefits claimed (child benefit is universal so i guess it does not count) I am planning on getting a part time job in near future and also keep my business venture going.

I have not completed Life in the UK test
I have studied in Ireland for 5 years for a post graduate diploma. (would i need to go through English test ?)

So in total me and my wife are in the UK for a period of 6 years and 2 months.
we have not left the UK during this period for more than 2 weeks

me and wife have no criminal convictions or any court orders. completely clean record.

I hope this information is enough for someone to guide me in the right direction.

Also would be great if someone can elaborate of the timescales involved here.

really appreciate
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: British Citizenship or EEA4 ? or what options I have ?

Post by Jambo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Did your wife work continuously for 5 years to achieve PR status? For periods she did not work, did you have health insurance to be consindered Self-sufficient based on your income?

See also Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

runie80
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizenship or EEA4 ? or what options I have ?

Post by runie80 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Jambo wrote:Did your wife work continuously for 5 years to achieve PR status? For periods she did not work, did you have health insurance to be consindered Self-sufficient based on your income?

See also Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.
Thanks for the reply.

My wife was working continuously for 5.5 years. after that we had our first child and since then my wife has not returned to work as she is currently looking after the baby. She has not applied PR.

regarding my heath insurance I do not have health insurance currently.Its a new business which i have started so the income is not great to begin with I am planning to see how it goes over the next 6 months and if it does not work out i will return back to full time employment.

would it be easier if i just get a full time job and make the application ?

any help Much appreciated .
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.