ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship and Dependant Partner

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SonyTinku4ILR

British Citizenship and Dependant Partner

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Hello Members,

I am currently on ILR(HSMP+Tier 1 General) and will be eligible to apply for British Citizenship in Feb'14.

My partner is on Tier 1 General Dependant Visa(validity of 2 more years) and will be completing her 2 years of stay with me(& in UK) in Feb'14 as well.

Can you please advise what would be the suggested option

1) I will apply for my British Citizenship in Feb'14 but will not apply ILR for my partner. However after 1 year when my partner completes 3 years of stay with me shall I apply for my partner's British Citizenship directly? In this way I can avoid doing my partner's ILR

2) I will apply for my British Citizenship in Feb'14 and I will apply my partner's ILR soon after.

3) I will apply my partner's ILR and will apply my British Citizenship soon after.

I will wait for your response.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship and Dependant Partner

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 pm

your partner cannot apply for citizenship if you skip ILR. you have to be free from immigration control (ILR) for citizenship applications.

are you and your partner married?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SonyTinku4ILR

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks for your response.

Yes we both have been married for 2 years and will be completing 2 years of cohabitation in Feb'14.

Should I apply for my British Citizenship first OR get my wife's ILR first and then apply for my British Citizenship? Which is recommended?

Also as my wife is completing 2 years of stay in Feb'14, Is she already eligible for ILR (28 days before date of 2 years completion)?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:37 am

Your spouse must have ILR before being eligible to naturalise as British. You will need to naturalise as British, your spouse can then naturalise once she has ILR and has been resident for 3 or more years. KoLL required for ILR - LIUK and B1 English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:48 am

SonyTinku4ILR wrote:Should I apply for my British Citizenship first OR get my wife's ILR first and then apply for my British Citizenship? Which is recommended?
The order ((2) or (3)) doesn't matter. Just apply when eligible.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

SonyTinku4ILR

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Thank you all for prompt responses.
KoLL required for ILR - LIUK and B1 English
My wife had cleared the LIUK in old pattern. Is there any validity period for it?
My wife has degree taught in english certifcate. Will this qualify for B1 English?