ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test - Cheapest Option?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WebMonkey

English Language Test - Cheapest Option?

Post by WebMonkey » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 am

Hello All,

I have completed the Cambridge International examination approximately 10 years ago and lost my certificate in the chaos of relocating to the UK. It appears that I can not get another copy and will have to sit through another test to get the minimum UKBA requirements certificate.

Now I'd like to know, what is the 1. quickest 2. cheapest way of doing a test? I am not interested in doing the whole language course again. Any ideas?

Much appreciated

rj30337
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Test - Cheapest Option?

Post by rj30337 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi WebMonkey,

My wife took this test:

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk/b1-esol ... vel-3.html

We thought the cost was OK considering convenience, as it's a 10 minute spoken test. Plus the only other routes we could find were just as if not more expensive and this way you avoid the whole ordeal of having to do one of the ESOL courses at a local adults college. You mostly have to pay for them anyway unless you are on benefits. The level of English required is quite basic so you will have no problems. No course required.

Any questions about it let me know.

Cheers

majic

Post by majic » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi,

This test you have pointed to "The Trinity College ESOL Entry 3 / B1 on the CEFR" is only a Listening and Speaking Testing. Is that good enough?

What about Reading and Writing Skills?

Please elaborate,

Thanks.

rj30337
Newly Registered

Post by rj30337 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi Magic,

You only need speaking and listening. Take a look at page 5 of form AN (for naturalization as a British Citizen). Available on UK border agency website (unfortunately can't post a link for yoy at this time),

I haven't looked at the requirements in case of ILR, but I assume this would be the same.

Regards