ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advices

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxiy

Advices

Post by maxiy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Last edited by maxiy on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VR

Re: Passport Lost & Other Advices

Post by VR » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:41 pm

To bolster your BC application before you submit to NCS get a SAR from HOME OFFICE.
They should have all the details of your Old passport.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/
Attach this with the file together with the police complaint you might have made in your home country plus the new passport in addition to other evidences needed to support your application.
You should be fine.
cheers
vr

PS: Going forward dont forget to scan and save all important documents. :lol:

maxiy

Advices

Post by maxiy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:02 pm

VR

Post by VR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:23 am

Maxiy,

Just add the SAR to the bunch of docs and the other list you mention is more that sufficient.There must be an endorsement in your Passport which refers to your previous passport. That should suffice.

You can mention in the Additional Info page on your BC application that your old passport was lost while on a trip to your home country and it was replaced with the New one.

cheers
vr

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:15 am

The passport you send is your ID purposes. When you get a new one, your old one gets cancelled, automatically. There is no need for any SAR report or anything, just explain in additional information page.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

VR

Post by VR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:37 am

Sh1981,

It is better you refrain from interfering with others posts and above all advertising your stupid blog. I am alerting the Moderator.

What is more worrying is you are giving the wrong advise that can plunge a person into indefinite uncertainity and cost him/her dear.

ATTENTION MODERATORS: Kindly Step in and stop this kind of ignoramous interference. Also note every post this person advertises his/her stupid blog!! Is it allowed?????????
cheers
vr

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:26 am

The passport is not just for ID it is also to support the residence requirement. Hence if your passport doesn't cover the residential period, send other evidence of residence, I.e. Bank statements, P60/P45 etc...

VR, thanks for flagging, I have already warned sh1981 on another post to be mindful before posting. I don't see an issue with advertising a blog so long as there is no 'service'. Although, the blog was updated in 2009 and a lot has changed since then, so the blog is rather useless now, I would imagine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:51 pm

regarding my harmless little blog, it's always been in my signature. what harm is it doing? nobody visits it anyway.
residence requirement yes the visa stamps would show that but you can send other evidence such as as rightly said bank statement, tax returns etc. dont know why people get so irked by my replies i was only trying to help :/ by the way i did give the right advice though, there is no need for SAR or anything, absolutely no need to be over efficient, just explain in additional info thats all thats required.
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

VR

Post by VR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:11 pm

sh1981,

Apologies.I have been part of various forums since Internet emerged and moderated quite a few of them. Advertising blogs, soliciting services was always proscribed and hence the long signature triggered a reaction. Nothing personal.

While it is true for naturalisation,the latest/current passport is required one should not forget that there is too much discretion and power in the hands of the case worker. And the last thing the OP wants is undue delays due to queries for which he/she is not prepared. Hence forearmed is forewarned and paying 10Quid and getting a SAR and keeping details of the Old passport in hand is worth it.

Passport is not just for ID purposes. Suppose the particular caseworker decides to query the OP on the entry and exit dates, should he run around at the 11th hour??
Cheers and Best Rgds
vr

maxiy

Advices

Post by maxiy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:15 pm

VR

Post by VR » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:43 pm

1. Do anyone whom was working before for the HO or have Insider information which could solve the one million pounds question about how the OP operate the BC , what kind of papers, documents , information they mainly looking for that will help take the decision about 80% of cases in short time and all this 80% is successful, what kind of internal/external checks they do in order to decide upon a case, like the UKBA, HRMC, Councils ....etc

Do anyone have real hand on experience about this fatal point ?
They Work as per the guidelines issued. One set of guidelines is issued for the OP. Another set of detailed internal instructions is issued for case workers.
For Instance the list of supporting documents is there in the Form AN.
Now based on what you actually furnish they will use their discretion to judge.
Individual cases and circumstances vary. So having a standard procedure is not realistically possible. This is where each case
workers judgement comes into play.
When they take a wrong decision , the OP goes for an administrative review in which case for an additional 80Quid your case gets a relook.
Immigration decisions are final and cannot be appealed.

2. Do the more documents I provide will help, or sometimes more documents mean more checks and could have delayed, for examples do I have to provide all air tickets in/out of the UK , all 3 years bank statements & utilities bills or just the last year will be enough, family information like birth certificates, school letters , NHS letters ..etc do this extra docs help or not
from my small experience from the ILR face-to-face meeting , they just use a very few documents to get the decision and they told me why you bring all this , most of them is not needed or the OP by mail is different and it's completely another story.

Provide relevant documents to bolster your case and convince a decision in your favor. Stick to approved list of documentary supports and add only those additional supports like the SAR where your old passport was lost and the pages of have gone missing (Just for your mental peace).

The logic more the merrier does not work. So if a person provides double the documents you provide , will they give a free naturalisation to one more person of your choice? LIKE BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!!! I guess not! :D

3. Why most of the immigration advisers provide conflicts advice, some one told me do this and the other do another advice which is totally different, the forum here help a lot but many inputs are not complete

With due respect Immigration advisers have to earn a living. Like the 5 fingers of your hand each comes from a different background, different experience level, different mindset and approach towards his/her profession.

Also generally migrants tend to ask the same question more than once and in different ways to different people and get different responses based on the perception of the person responding to their query. In their anxiety bit part info is furnished many a time. So the blame cannot be fixed solely on immigration advisors, if it makes sense.

As far as this forum goes, its a service where people share their experience to help others reduce their anxieties and get an overview or basic guidance on how to go about their individual cases. The people who advise on a web forum are neither privy to actual circumstances of the OP nor do they have any pecuniary or vested interest in giving the advise.

As with any other web forums people of different mindsets, with different objectives visit here and hence you see a variance in responses, unwanted interjections which add to the confusion. It is upto you to take a decision based on your personal perception and discretion. You should thank your stars for the service and free valuable inputs you get. Many of us who entered UK much earlier did not have this luxury.

If yours is a complicated case or you are very anxious to the extent that your blood vessels are going to burst, you should immediately take Metformin and consult a doctor. Once done you should get hold of professional legal advise.

Hope this rests your anxieties!!

maxiy

Advices

Post by maxiy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:39 pm