ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea surrinder Singh home call- decision in weeks?!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mymorg

Eea surrinder Singh home call- decision in weeks?!

Post by Mymorg » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:27 pm

Hello, has this happened to anyone else? Today we received a cell phone call, the man on the line asked if my husband was living here in the uk. They asked his parents, where our home address is, and then they asked me since I answered the phone. Then they called back and spoke with him.
They also said we would receive a decision within the next week or so... It's only been about two months since we submitted the application... Although they had made several errors on our application that had to be corrected, perhaps this has sped up the process? Or could it be that they are changing all the rules so they are more quickly accepting/rejecting people?

Just worried now... Does anyone think this may be a good sign or a bad one?

Thanks!!

Mymorg

Post by Mymorg » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:15 am

So should I assume that no one has ever been called to confirm their uk husbands residence in the uk?

Then another question, has anyone ever been denied a residence card under Surinder Singh? If one must appeal, now that the laws are changing January 2014, would the appeal be treated under the new laws? Even if its just speculation...

Sorry, it's quite helpful to get some advice on this forum, me and my husband got married days after the uk spouse visa laws changed, and not were right on the line to the surrinder singh laws being changed... Since they told me they will be making a decision within the next few days to weeks, I'm freaking out! I thought eea2, once an eea family permit was already given, was pretty straightforward, yet they've already sent me three conflicting letters, and do not trust my husband is living here in the uk... ?!

Thanks.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Think you should be ok, they should consider you under the old rule, but good luck anyway.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Jellybean105
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Eea surrinder Singh home call- decision in weeks?!

Post by Jellybean105 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:10 am

Mymorg , did you get your resident card? If so, please share how long it took! Thanks!
Moved to Ireland: Feb 13
UK FP: Granted November 13
Ireland RC: Granted Feb 14
Returned to the UK: Feb 14
Applied for EEA2: 18th March 14
EEA2 Rejected: October 14 (re-submitted docs)
EEA2 Granted: December 14 (valid till 2019!)