ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1b Third party country issues

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gilgr097
Newly Registered

H1b Third party country issues

Post by gilgr097 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi,

I have just received approval of my H1b visa. But am currently travelling through South America. I entered through LAX from New Zealand a few months back and then drove into Mexico and further South. I was not stopped at the border so didnt hand in my I94 card, unfortunately I have lost it.

I am about to fly out of Mexico City on my way to the UK to watch the rugby world cup and would like to apply for the H1b visa at th US embassy in London.

I am a little worried after reading the posts and would like some help on the following questions:

1. What do you recommend I do about not handing in my I94? I dont have tickets to show when I left.

2. Do you think I will able to get my h1b visa issued in London?

Worst case scenario is that I will be declined in London and have to go back to NZ to apply. I already have flights booked for the States, so that would mean re-entering on a Visa Waiver for a week, before my flight home to NZ.

Cheers