ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - airport problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happy1982

Tier 1 - airport problem

Post by happy1982 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 am

Dear Members,

My friend is on tier 1 visa, two years ago he was coming from india, at the airport entry clearance officer kept his passport, said he is not satisfied with your answers, kept him couple of hours and gave him temporary admission letter, saying you need to come for an interview, he went but they said no interview and we will call you.
He received two more letters saying your temporary admission has been extended, then one day, he received a call saying your passport will be posted out to your home address. His visa is not cancelled or voided.
His questions is, he came on airport on 25 of January but the entry stamp was for 10 of june.
Will this five months period be considered as he is outside of UK, because on temporary admission, it says within the immigration ACT 1971 you are not given entry clearance.
If yes, how it will work for him?
Please put some light on the situation, because he is going to apply for ILR and on absence letter what will be put the entry and exit dates.
Regards,
moto

VR

Re: Tier 1 - airport problem

Post by VR » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Its not an absence. He can furnish the letters given to him as proof. Legally the temporary admission gets ratified in this case and you retain your original leave.
cheers
vr

happy1982

Post by happy1982 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
What does he put on absence letter, i mean dates of entry and exit.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:09 pm

happy1982 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
What does he put on absence letter, i mean dates of entry and exit.
He was in the UK from the 25th of January - therefore he cannot have been absent between then and the date of passport stamping. I would put the date of entry as 25 January (because that is when he entered the UK).