ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are you also afraid of being refused?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kickie-dee
Newly Registered

Are you also afraid of being refused?

Post by Kickie-dee » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi there, i'm just wondering if i am normal in thinking that my own application has soo many holes and problems in it that i have convinced myself that i will be refused?

My situation is as follows:

Applied on the 28th of Oct via NCS Newham. I was qualifying on the basis of long residence with ILR. I took my Life in the UK Test in June 2011 and i used my expired passport as my ID. I then lost my passport in December 2011 and never found it again. I managed to get documents showing that i was resident in the country throughout the qualifying period but there were lots of them! In my eagerness to make up for my lack of passport, i submitted everything that i thought would be relevant. Some posts on here say the less the better and now i am freaking out! I also knew about the new language requirement coming in on the 28th however the NCS took one look at my LIUK test certificate and advised me that i did not need this with my application? Does this make sense to anyone? My first worry now is that i have seen some posts that say if your application was received after 25 Oct, then you will need to provide the language requirement? *Arghhhh

Secondly, as part of my preparations for my application, i checked my credit report and found out that i had a CCJ from 2009 which was given in my absence. I did not know anything about it. I followed advice to declare it on the form which i did however have not yet made any advancement in paying it off. Will this affect my application? As if that wasn't bad enough, i have just realised that i put the incorrect date for when this CCJ was given to me. The court declared the CJJ in March 2009 and i put September 2009. Is there any way i can contact them to correct this? Will this be seen as some sort of deceit? (It was a genuine error!) The credit check also uncovered some other smaller debts and also evidence of late payment on my household bills from back when i was a student and i lived with others in a shared house and now there are linked debts? What a mess!!!

Thirdly, i applied in Oct and then i have moved house in December. I have used the change of address form on their website to inform them of the change but i don't have a HO reference number yet as i have not received any acknowledgement or anything from them. I have also tried to email them about my address change but received an automated email back. Will they have a record of the change? Following on from the change of address, my bank card and address have also changed so they will not be able to take payment using the old card. How can i notify them of this? If they write to me because they can't take payment, will i even receive the post as my address has changed? *Stress level through the roof now!*

Is there even a way to withdraw your application and fix it and then re-submit? I feel i already know that answer to that question but I am in such a panicked state that i don't know what to do! Anyone who knows about the process able to advise this damsel in pure distress? Thank you for your help!!

VR

Re: Are you also afraid of being refused?

Post by VR » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:10 pm

kickie-dee,

If you want to withdraw see the below...
If you need to ask us to your application or withdraw urgently, please e-mail your request, to BaRCUrgentReturns@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk. Due to the high volume of requests we receive we cannot individually acknowledge your request, and will only fast-track your application in the exceptional circumstances detailed above.

cheers
vr