ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 1 post-study work to spouse visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ly Truong
Newly Registered

Switch from Tier 1 post-study work to spouse visa

Post by Ly Truong » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi there,

I am so confused reading those guides on UKBA, hope that you guys can help. Basically I am currently on Tier 1Post-study work visa.
I am now married to a French guy, who's been working in the UK since the past 2 years, and my tier 1 visa will be expired in March.
Now, if I need to switch to spouse visa of a EU national, what kind of visa and forms and documents that I have to prepare?

You don't have to list them all, but most important is what kind of visa (in the complicated list of the Home Office) that I need to get.

Many thanks,
Ly

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Switch from Tier 1 post-study work to spouse visa

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:05 am

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:31 am

Assuming you are in the UK, then apply for a 5 years Residence Card using form EEA2.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen ... ts-family/
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Ly Truong wrote:Hi there,

I am so confused reading those guides on UKBA, hope that you guys can help. Basically I am currently on Tier 1Post-study work visa.
I am now married to a French guy, who's been working in the UK since the past 2 years, and my tier 1 visa will be expired in March.
Now, if I need to switch to spouse visa of a EU national, what kind of visa and forms and documents that I have to prepare?

You don't have to list them all, but most important is what kind of visa (in the complicated list of the Home Office) that I need to get.

Many thanks,
Ly
Apply for a residence card (search EEA2). Note that your legal residence for purposes of EU law began when you lived in the UK as the family member of an EU citizen exercising treaty rights (i.e. married to an EU worker). Bear this in mind as you obtain permanent residence generally after five years.