ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier2 General Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iqk_tier2
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to Tier2 General Dependent

Post by iqk_tier2 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi,

Both me and my wife are Indian nationals. My wife has a tier II ICT visa issued in July 2010. I am on a Tier II General visa and we are looking to switch her to my dependent(Dependent of a Tier II Genral). I have a couple of questions around this:

1. Can she apply right away for this - I believe there is a cooling period involved for converting from tier II ICT to tier II Gen?
2. If she can apply, can she do it from UK? Also, what is the length of this process?

Thanks much.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier2 General Dependent

Post by manci » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 pm

The rules have been relaxed last October and T2 migrants can now switch to PBS dependant status in-country. There is no cooling off.

funnyuser
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 dependant to Tier2 General and Entry to Uk

Post by funnyuser » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:49 am

manci wrote:The rules have been relaxed last October and T2 migrants can now switch to PBS dependant status in-country. There is no cooling off.

Hi Manci,

I hold two visas in my passport ( Existing T2 Dependant which has validity for another 1 yr. i.e up to 2015 and had traveled to Uk before .The another one T2 General which got granted for another 3 yrs.) now whilst in India.

Is it normal/valid to hold both visa whilst in India?

I have a plan to enter Uk next week so have bit concern which visa to display at immigration?

2. Ideally which visa should I enter now and will it be any issue at the point of entry or immigration ?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:40 pm

The recently obtained T2G entry clearance would overwrite your previous PBS dependant visa. You will be entering the UK as a T2G migrant and as such may be eligible for ILR 5 years from the date of entry.

You have no choice as to which visa to "display" at the airport, just hand your passport to the BFO, your records are on the system.

funnyuser
Newly Registered

Post by funnyuser » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:17 am

manci wrote:The recently obtained T2G entry clearance would overwrite your previous PBS dependant visa. You will be entering the UK as a T2G migrant and as such may be eligible for ILR 5 years from the date of entry.

You have no choice as to which visa to "display" at the airport, just hand your passport to the BFO, your records are on the system.

THANK YOU MANCI !