ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Questions-Tier 1G (Emp+Self Emp)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abby92

ILR Questions-Tier 1G (Emp+Self Emp)

Post by abby92 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello all,

It is that time again that I need help from this wonderful forum and experts. Your replies will be highly appreciated. I put my questions below for your kind consideration.

Q1. I have been on Tier 1(G) for the last 5 years. Both my initial and extension applications have included my full time emp earnings + part time self emp sole trader earnings. My ILR application will have the same type of earnings as mentioned above. I am thinking of going for a same day service. Could you please let me know what is the likelihood of getting the decision on same day? I hear from others on this forum that nowadays HO are deferring emp+self emp applications for further checks or genuine earnings tests etc.

Q2. I dont have prior experience of PEO appointments so could someone please tell me what type of questions I should be prepared for based on my financial circumstances stated above?

Q3. I will be making a joint application for both myself and my wife as dependent. My wife has got a Bachelor of Law from abroad which is comparable with Ordinary Bachelors Degree in the UK as per UKNARIC's letter. Do we have to attach a letter from the University abroad confirming it was taught in English? By the way, the qualification and University does appear in the UKBA PBS calculator and gives 30 points. Do we have to attach a print out of that too?

Q4. Regarding Cohabitation evidence, we dont have a joint account or tenancy but we do have joint council tax direct debit statements that we get annually. How many documents we need to produce and from how many sources for each of us?

Q5. My initial Tier 1(G) was stamped from 25 April 2009 and Extension from 10 May 2012. Should I count 5 yrs from 25 April 2009? Also if this is the case then can I go for PEO appointment with in 28 days before I complete full 5 yrs or 28 days before the end of my current leave i.e 10 May 2014? (Hope I am making sense)

Q.6 We have 2 kids both born here in the UK. My eldest child has had leave to remain granted twice as my dependent as we had to travel but the youngest one just born 4 months ago has not got any leave. Is it necessary to include my eldest child in ILR application or is it ok to not include them and once we get ILR, apply for both to be registered as British Citizens? I just want to save money here to be honest.

Thanks for taking the time in advance for reading this long post and will be looking forward to see your helpful replies.

Kind regards

abby92

Re: ILR Questions-Tier 1G (Emp+Self Emp)

Post by abby92 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Hello all,

Could someone please reply to any of the questions as much as you know? Every little helps as they say :)

abby92

Post by abby92 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello all,

This post has been viewed 86 times but no one has shared any thoughts. Could I please appeal again to shed some light on the questions I have put forward?

Any help will be much appreciated. Even if you can answer 1 question that would be great.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Abby,

Please see here for clarification on your Q5. You can see where this is mentioned in the guidance by clicking the link near the bottom of my thread which is on the same question.

I can't speak to the rest of your questions but hang in there. I am also SE + E and the extra work is a hassle!

Good luck.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

katwmn6 wrote:Hi Abby,

Please see here for clarification on your Q5. You can see where this is mentioned in the guidance by clicking the link near the bottom of my thread which is on the same question.

I can't speak to the rest of your questions but hang in there. I am also SE + E and the extra work is a hassle!

Good luck.
Thats great, many thanks for your reply. It is clear now that 28 days to be counted from the date I complete 5 years not the date of expiry of my current leave. Please do share you views about my other questions if you have any information that could help.

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Abby,
Q5. My initial Tier 1(G) was stamped from 25 April 2009 and Extension from 10 May 2012. Should I count 5 yrs from 25 April 2009? Also if this is the case then can I go for PEO appointment with in 28 days before I complete full 5 yrs or 28 days before the end of my current leave i.e 10 May 2014? (Hope I am making sense)

I think the earliest you can apply is on March 28-2014 ( 28 dyas prior)

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Q4. The general rule is: the more different sources the better. But if you have only one source it is still enough.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Thank you very much guys for all your help. Questions 4 & 5 are out of the way. Could I please request your kind consideration and comments about Questions 1,2,3 & 6? Any help will be much appreciated.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm

gurus, seniors please spare some time here too and share your knowledge to answer the remaining questions.

I was also wondering if me and wife both have to submit 2 application forms SET O for each of us as previously or just one form and include my wife as my dependent?